10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2018 3:13 PM by Bill Robinson

Need Help on removing RSCD user account on target host's by using BL Console

Naveen kotha

We have .nsh script to remove the rscd user account on target hosts.

When I run target=`hostname`

it will give server name with fqdn like sever.dev.com. Is there anyway that I can get only server name with out FQDN name.

• 1. Re: Need Help on removing RSCD user account on target host's by using BL Console
          Bill Robinson

We have .nsh script to remove the rscd user account on target hosts.

what's in this script ?  what 'rscd user account' are you talking about - BladeLogicRSCD on a windows system or something else ?

it will give server name with fqdn like sever.dev.com. Is there anyway that I can get only server name with out FQDN name.

well there are a lot of different ways.  you can strip off the .dev.com from this output, you can use the uname command.  you can use some other command to get it and if this is a 'runscript' nsh script you can use the $NSH_RUNCMD_HOST variable.  but why do you need to strip off the domain from the server name ?

• 2. Re: Need Help on removing RSCD user account on target host's by using BL Console
            Naveen kotha

It is simple script it will select target hostname and delete that Blade logic RSCD user account on windows systems. I use command

chapw -d $hostname.

issues was with my script I have made some changes it was working Now. Thank you

• 3. Re: Need Help on removing RSCD user account on target host's by using BL Console
              Naveen kotha

Bill, ----(Now its not working)

here is the nsh.script I'm using to disable RSCD user account on windows boxes. ( Because we have internal Auto principal and domain user accounts which we use to communicate target server from blade , As RSCD user account password Never Expires we need to disable that )

if [[ "$1" == "" ]]; then

echo "Getting host name from command"

TARGET=`hostname`

else

echo "Getting host name from argument"

TARGET=$1

fi

echo $TARGET

whoami

chapw -d "$TARGET"

So some of server in blade console is configured as testap01.dev.com and testap02  , when I  try to run this it will pick only server with Full qualified domain name. I need to get pick server irrespective of weather it contains domain name or not.

• 4. Re: Need Help on removing RSCD user account on target host's by using BL Console
                Bill Robinson
                So some of server in blade console is configured as testap01.dev.com and testap02  , when I  try to run this it will pick only server with Full qualified domain name. I need to get pick server irrespective of weather it contains domain name or not.

if this is a 'runscript' nsh script you can use the $NSH_RUNCMD_HOST variable.

• 5. Re: Need Help on removing RSCD user account on target host's by using BL Console
                  Naveen kotha

I'm not familiar with $NSH_RUNCMD_HOST variable, where i need to use this in that script? or while creating job? so this will print server name

• 6. Re: Need Help on removing RSCD user account on target host's by using BL Console
                    Bill Robinson

look in the man page of runscript/runcmd:

r

uncmd(1)                   General Commands Manual                  runcmd(1)

NAME

runcmd - Run a Network Shell command on one or more hosts

SYNOPSIS

runcmd  [-v  -n  -p  n]  [-H header] [-NH] [-s | -c] [-d directory] [-f

file] [-h host1 ... hostn] [-e command1 ... commandn]

runscript [-v -n -p n] [-H header] [-NH] [-s | -c] [-d  directory]  [-f

file] [-h host1 ... hostn] [-e command1 ... commandn]

DESCRIPTION

The  programs runcmd and runscript let you run the same command on mul‐

tiple machines. The difference between the two is that runcmd  executes

a shell command, while runscript runs the given Network Shell script on

each machine.

Depending on what action you are currently performing, you may want  to

know  which  host  you  are  dealing with. To this end, the environment

variable NSH_RUNCMD_HOST is set for each sub-command that is run.  Fur‐

thermore the  environment variable NSH_RUNCMD_DIR is set indicating the

current Network Shell path.

so NSH_RUNCMD_HOST will evaluate to the name of the target as bsa sees it, not whatever hostname you resolve.  and afaik you need the name registered in bsa so that connection goes through the nsh proxy, which is the only way you can remove the BladeLogicRSCD account.

• 7. Re: Need Help on removing RSCD user account on target host's by using BL Console
                      Naveen kotha

Hi Bill, I have made changes but the job is working fine, but falling on some of server with the error , any idea about this error

• 8. Re: Need Help on removing RSCD user account on target host's by using BL Console
                        Bill Robinson

can you attach the entire job run log and your script ?

if you manually try and run the chapw command (when using a nsh configured to use a nsh proxy) against the target what happens ?

• 9. Re: Need Help on removing RSCD user account on target host's by using BL Console
                          Naveen kotha

I'm not sure how to use NSH_RUNCMD_HOST command and where it has to be used, here is the script I'm using

if [[ "$1" == "" ]]; then

echo "Check if server exits in Blade"   

else

echo "Getting host name from argument"

TARGET=$1

fi

echo $TARGET

whoami

chapw -d "$TARGET"

In this Script $1 is parameter which is used as HOST ( which will give server name how it is added to blade logic console )

output of this script when it is success , I check on target it is removing Bladelogic RSCD user  account.

and , i don't see any option to attach file to this blog.  (to attach job logs)

• 10. Re: Need Help on removing RSCD user account on target host's by using BL Console
                            Bill Robinson

if it's a type 1 scrip then it's going to cd to the target first, and since you are using a nsh proxy, connect through that.  so it looks like nsh is having a problem connecting to your nsh proxy server on whatever appserver picked up the wit that failed for this job.  in the job run log you should see a message like 'executing work item thread for job xxx server yyy on appserver zzz' - find out what appserver ran the wit for the problem target and look in the appserver log around that time and see if there are any useful errors. 

and , i don't see any option to attach file to this blog.  (to attach job logs)

advanced editor