are the uek kernel rpms on the file system ? if so, where ? in the 'getPackage' subdirectory in the path above ?
can you post the cuj job run log for the first run (where it should have processed the rpms)?
Yes, the uek kernel rpms are in the getPackage directory:
# find /patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_latest/ -name kernel-uek*
Run at 01/30/2018 13:14:29,Info,01/30/2018 13:19:34,"Packages found for this os-arch - OL7x86_64, size: 5423"
is that how many rpms are in the /getPackages directory ?
was this the first cuj run since creating the catalog ? this run didn't add any rpms.
there could be more in the appserver log from job_deployment_1_rp16vmbbsaapp2. there should be a sqlite db file in the repo directory - maybe the rpms aren't being added into that.
are there other rpms from the repo directory in the catalog ?
you are only running the single reposync command right?
Currently the /getPackage directory has 5497 files, which is the total of both ol7_x86_64_latest and ol7_x86_64_UEKR4 architectures. The only rpms that show up in the catalog are the ol7_x86_64_latest, which is 5423
The catalog was first created from the ol7_x86_64_latest. Once I realized that the UEK files weren't included, I added the second part to get them, move them, then hoped the CUJ would pick up both. The log I uploaded was the first attempt at adding the UEK files to the existing ol7 catalog.
I have to run two separate reposync commands, one for each architecture:
reposync --repoid=ol7_x86_64_latest -p /patch/OEL7 -l -m -n
reposync --repoid=ol7_x86_64_UEKR4 -p /patch/OEL7 -l -m -n
The UEK reposync by default downloads packages to /patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_UEKR4/getPackage
Each reposync has its own createRepo command, with the UEK command copying the files (and hopefully metadata) to the standard ol7 directory /patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_latest/getPackage
If I changed this command:
/opt/bmc/bladelogic/patch/oel_downloader.sh -createRepo -srcLocation "/patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_UEKR4/getPackage,OL7-x86_64_UEKR4" -repoLocation /patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_latest/getPackage
/opt/bmc/bladelogic/patch/oel_downloader.sh -createRepo -srcLocation "/patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_UEKR4/getPackage,OL7-x86_64" -repoLocation /patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_latest/getPackage
Would that do the trick?
Looking for more logs....
Or combine both into one? Like this:
bladelogic/patch/oel_downloader.sh -createRepo -srcLocation "/patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_UEKR4/getPackage,OL7-x86_64_UEKR4;/patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_latest/getPackage,OL7-x86_64" -repoLocation /patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_latest/getPackage
or maybe this:
bladelogic/patch/oel_downloader.sh -createRepo -srcLocation "/patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_UEKR4/getPackage,OL7-x86_64;/patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_latest/getPackage,OL7-x86_64" -repoLocation /patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_latest/getPackage
This worked to put the UEK kernels into the ol7 repo
/opt/bmc/bladelogic/patch/oel_downloader.sh -createRepo -srcLocation "/patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_UEKR4/getPackage,OL7-x86_64;/patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_latest/getPackage,OL7-x86_64" -repoLocation /patch/OEL7/ol7_x86_64_latest/getPackage
yeah - the rpms all need to be in the same dir - i don't think they will get added if you have them in subdirectories.
Yes, the rpms were already moved into the correct sub-directory. The key was changing the label from "ol7_x86_64_UEKR4" to "OL7-x86_64" in the createRepo. That is what made them recognizable as content available for the catalog.