7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2018 9:04 AM by Neil Rathbone

Install Patrol Agent

Neil Rathbone

Hi,

I am trying to install a patrol agent on one of our test servers and have tried 10.0 and 10.7.  I have copied the tar locally and expanded it to /bmc_products (as root).  I have configured the firewall as described and ran ./setup.sh -serveronly.

I get the we installer up and select install path (I have tried /opt/bmc and /usr/tideway/patrol and a few others) all seems fine until it goes to move on to the selecting products stage and I get the following error before I get there.

"There are no visible products on this image -- nothing to select for install."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Install Patrol Agent
          Andrew Waters

Did you put the installer and patrol agent in the same directory?

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Install Patrol Agent
            Neil Rathbone

I took the tar and extracted it to /bmc_products and ran setup.sh.  Am I missing a step?

• 3. Re: Install Patrol Agent
              Neil Rathbone

Other than what I have done is there anything else I should do?

• 4. Re: Install Patrol Agent
                Roland Appleby

Hi Neil,

A few questions:

1. How much free space is there on the / partition? It's not particularly big by default, and I'm wondering if it might be very low on space & that is causing problems for the installer
                2. Are you running setup.sh as root or tideway? If tideway, could be a permissions problem
                3. Did you use the Linux tarball, or the all platforms tarball for the agent?
                4. Which version of Discovery?
                5. Are you using the same version of the installer as the agent?

It's worked ok for me on a quick test of the 10.7 agent/installer on 11.2.0.2 - at least it gets as far as the product choice and shows the agent.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Install Patrol Agent
                  Neil Rathbone

Hi Roland

1.  Root has 283 MB free, I also tired /usr/tideway/patrol as the install location and that has 30GB free.

2.  Running as root

3.  I have tried the ins_ALL_10700.tar and ins_LINUX_10003.tar

4.  I have tried on 11.1.0.5 and 11.2.0.2

5   Not sure I just un tar'd the file and ran setup.sh

I must be having a senior moment as this isn't making sense Did you put the installer and patrol agent in the same directory?  If the something needs moving why isn't already where it needs to be?

• 6. Re: Install Patrol Agent
                    Roland Appleby

What I did was:

1. mkdir /usr/tideway/tmp
                    2. copy installer and agent to /usr/tideway/tmp - md5sum of them:
                      7f4afec967b62b539ac33720e1ef1f6b  ins_ALL_10700.tar
                      3beba6d15ec1440c3f3984c4324ba803  PIA_ALL_10700.tar
                    3. cd /usr/tideway/tmp
                    4. tar xf ins_ALL_10700.tar
                    5. tar xf PIA_ALL_10700.tar
                    6. su to root
                    7. edit iptables and add the 50001 line
                    8. restart iptables
                    9. cd /usr/tideway/tmp/bmc_products
                    10. Run ./setup.sh -serveronly -host_override <myip>
                      (I needed the host_override option because it was picking IPv6 address)
                    11. Point browser (Firefox 58) at the URL the installer gave
                    12. Step through the installer, leaving the install location as /opt/bmc and getting as far as the product selection showing the Patrol agent selected for install
                    3 of 3 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Install Patrol Agent
                      Neil Rathbone

Answer was no we weren't.