6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2018 1:56 PM by Garland Smith

PATROL for Scripting: How to create Global Thresholds parameters created by the Scripting KM?

For the Scripting KM to be the useful, the ability is needed to create thresholds for each parameter for each instance created for each script (or command line) that is implemented. I don’t see how to do that in Global Thresholds. I created an "OS Command Line" "script" that I named "goober".  I can drill down and see "goober" and it has the value that I'm expecting.  However, looking at Global Thresholds, I don’t see any way to create thresholds for the attribute, “goober” (I haven't been able to discern the hierarchy).  Without this capability, I don't see how the Scripting KM could be used to it's full potential for ad hoc monitoring.  Can anyone shed light on this?

One of my colleagues mentioned that this seems similar to an issue with the DATA Mining KM (I don't know the exact name) and that it required some
      kind of command in order to accomplish this. That would be unfortunate if it turns out to be the case.

Basically, I need to be able to create thresholds for each parameter that's created and monitored using PATROL for Scripting KM. So far, I don't see any
      way to do that. Without this capability, I don't see how the Scripting KM could be used to it's full potential for ad hoc monitoring.

Sample Monitoring Policy:

1. Monitoring Solution: Scripting
      2. Version 1.0.00 (we will be bringing in 2.0, however, right now we have
      1.0.00)
      3. Monitor Type: OS command line execution
      4. Configure Script: +Add
          a. Name: goober

b. Script: “echo 123.45

c. Arguments: Empty

d. Content match: Empty

e. Credentials: Empty

I see my monitor for "goober" and it has a value of 123.45 for each polling cycle.  This is what I need to ALARM on.  Each script has a different purpose, different valid range for setting thresholds, etc...

Thank you,

Garland Smith