6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 4:20 AM by PAWAN KAUSHIK

tickets are not getting generating through incoming email

PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi All,

We are working on remedy 8.1 and i have an issue that we are not getting tickets generated through the incoming email. I have gone through the stderr logs but nothing is there. COuld you please help me to troubleshoot the same ?

• 1. Re: tickets are not getting generating through incoming email
          Ravindrakumar Rodge

- Are the tickets coming to the AR System Email Message Form? If yes, then no issue between Exchange and Remedy Email Engine.

- If email is present in Email Message Form but is not creating the ticket then check if the Action is set as Parsed in Advanced option of mailbox configuration.

- Is it creating ticket via template or RBE. That would be the third position to check.

- RBE:Message & RBE:Transaction Form

- Enable escalation logs, email engine debug logs for incoming module and API,SQL,FLTR logs and send out an email and track the email.

Regards,

Ravi

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: tickets are not getting generating through incoming email
            PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi Ravindra,

Thanks a lot for sharing your the steps. Here are the answers line by line

-> Tickets are not present in AR System Email messages form however, we can see the emails in mailbox. Those emails are not fetching by email engine for further processing.

->It is creating tickets via RB

I have seen in stderr logs and found the below stack:

Could not connect to 10.1.2.3

SEVERE: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
            javax.mail.MessagingException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target;
            nested exception is:
            javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
            at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:479)
            at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
            at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156)
            at com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.MBConnection.openStore(MBConnection.java:467)
            at com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.initializeIncommingMailbox(ReceiverModule.java:2439)
            at com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ReceiverModule.initialization(ReceiverModule.java:500)
            at com.bmc.arsys.emaildaemon.ThreadBase.run(ThreadBase.java:298)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
            Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

is this related to security certificate ? i am able to telnet the exchange server from my ARS server. Previously it was working fine but stopped suddenly.

Kindly let me know what should i proceed further. Also Outgoing mailbox is working fine.

• 3. Re: tickets are not getting generating through incoming email
              Ravindrakumar Rodge

This is related to the SSL certificate that is being used and need to be configured under cacert of the java that is being used by Email Engine.

To isolate the problem try to configure incoming mailbox without SSL and see if that works. Ensure to ask your Exchange team for time being to enable the required port to test without SSL.

Regards,

Ravi

• 4. Re: tickets are not getting generating through incoming email
                PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi Ravindra,

How we can come to know that which certificate is required for emailbox ? is there any certain name ? i didn't worked with the certificated before. and how can we import them if we have them ?

• 5. Re: tickets are not getting generating through incoming email
                  Ravindrakumar Rodge

You can make use of SSLpoke utility to identify if the certificate is present in the keystore

Remedy - Server/Web - Checking SSL connection out of remedy using SSL Poke utility

Some useful commands to play around the keystore and keytool.

• Delete a certificate from a Java Keytool keystore
                    • keytool -delete -alias mydomain -keystore keystore.jks
                  • Change a Java keystore password
                    • keytool -storepasswd -new new_storepass -keystore keystore.jks
                  • Export a certificate from a keystore
                    • keytool -export -alias mydomain -file mydomain.crt -keystore keystore.jks
                  • List Trusted CA Certs
                    • keytool -list -v -keystore $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts
                  • Import New CA into Trusted Certs
                    • keytool -import -trustcacerts -file /path/to/ca/ca.pem -alias CA_ALIAS -keystore $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts

If the certificate is not present, then you need to ask your exchange team to provide the certificate for allowing client to connect with your mail server.

Once the certificate is available use keytool to import the certificate in the java directory cacerts.

Remedy AR Server:- How to create keystore and import certificate for SSL/TLS

Regards,

Ravi

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: tickets are not getting generating through incoming email
                    PAWAN KAUSHIK

Thanks a lot Ravindra for the steps. I have imported the SSL certificate and now it is working fine