2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2018 7:20 AM by EVGENY ZIABKO

Does DB2 NGT Unload utility support SYSIBMADM.GET_ARCHIVE

EVGENY ZIABKO

We would like to use DB2 NGT Unload utility V12.1 for archive enabled tables. Does the utility support global system variable SYSIBMADM.GET_ARCHIVE?

• 1. Re: Does DB2 NGT Unload utility support SYSIBMADM.GET_ARCHIVE
          Phil Grainger

Hi Evgeny

Firstly, apologies for not replying sooner, but most of us were enjoying time off with family over the Christmas period

To make sure I give you the best answer though, I do have a clarifying question for you. Would you be happy with NGT Unload using SQL access to unload (potentially) archived data or were you hoping that it would be able to unload DIRECTLY from the tablespace pagesets, even where archived data is involved?

Obviously the faster choice will always be the second one, but if you are comfortable with using SQL access, I may have a different answer

Thanks

Phil Grainger

Enablement Manager DB2

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Does DB2 NGT Unload utility support SYSIBMADM.GET_ARCHIVE
            EVGENY ZIABKO

Hi Phil,

I hope you enjoyed your Christmas vacations.

We would like to enable Transparent Archiving for some DB2 tables. Cold we achieve transparency by using this global system variable not only regarding application programs but also regarding Unload utility? We should take into consideration all possible cases: Unload with / without archived data and using / not using DIRECT access. How to do it with minimal changes (or without changes) of existing Unload batch steps?