1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2017 9:41 PM by Vincent Bartoloma

How to change fields visible for 'Select and Link...' button

Vincent Bartoloma

I am trying to choose which fields appear in the dialog box when I use the "Select and Link to Change Request" button in the "Linked Services, Configuration Items and Assets" related list in a Change Request.

I saw this response from the past :

https://communities.bmc.com/thread/105678?start=0&tstart=0

But when I attempted to do that I was unsuccessful. It had no affect on the fields displayed.

I have seen 'Column Headers' Field Sets in other objects whose API name was "BMCServiceDesk__LinkRecords" - not just "LinkRecords" as was described in the answer in the link. So I attempted to change the name of the Field Set to "BMCServiceDesk__LinkRecords", but I was not allowed to do that. I was told the name had to be unique. But there are no other FieldSets with that name.

So I'm wondering if I need to create the FieldSet through the Remedyforce Administrator somehow ?

Also I would like to filter which records are displayed in the dialog box. Base Elements is the object I am linking to the Change Request and I only want to show records with certain Class Name values.

Thank you for your help.

1 2 Previous Next