2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2017 4:35 AM by Sayali Joshi

Timeout error while logging in to Alcatel Device

Sayali Joshi

Hi All,

I am using SSH adapter to execute some commands on an Alcatel Lucent device, and the login procedure goes as shown in the image.

Alcatel 7342 error.jpg

The problem is that after executing the 'T' command, the next prompt is not returned and a timeout error occurs. The exact error is as follows:

Error executing command T. Error: Message[summary=Exception occurred in Adapter : SSHAdapter_JS1. Error occurred parsing command results. ERROR : Message[summary=Exception occurred in Adapter : AMP - Perform Action Executor - 764:ssh:200.204.1.4:StreamReaderWithTimeOut. Message[summary=Exception occurred in adapter : AMP - Perform Action Executor - 764:ssh:200.204.1.4:StreamReaderWithTimeOut. timeout (  60 secs) expired waiting for response with prompt: Enter Username   : . Data read so far: 

null,

I am attaching the log file for reference.

I have also read the following posts

1. https://communities.bmc.com/thread/56671?start=0&tstart=0

2. https://communities.bmc.com/message/660613

and this article: https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=000090447

but no luck so far.

Thanks,

Sayali

• 1. Re: Timeout error while logging in to Alcatel Device
          Deepak Bhola

This could be due to line termination character CRLF for shell.

If T command does not require hitting enter key  then you neet to set "disable-line-termination" attribute set to true i.e.  <command prompt="TelnetUsername" disable-line-termination="true" ignore-exit-code="true"><![CDATA[T]]></command>

if you have to hit enter after T command then try with below line termination characters and see if that works

<command prompt="TelnetUsername" line-termination="&#xD;" ignore-exit-code="true"><![CDATA[T]]></command>

<command prompt="TelnetUsername" line-termination="&#xD;&#xA;" ignore-exit-code="true" ><![CDATA[T]]></command>

set ignore-exit-code="true" for user name and password command as well.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Timeout error while logging in to Alcatel Device
            Sayali Joshi

Thanks a ton @Deepak ! Adding line-termination="&#xD;" solved my issue. In fact, I now see that I require to add this attribute to all the commands to be executed on this device, whereas other devices don't need it.

Could you please suggest where can I get more information on this? I found the attribute 'disable-line-termination' in the docs, but used it unsuccessfully. The 'line-termination' attribute is not mentioned in the documents. I may need more of these attributes as I want to manage a variety of network devices.

Thanks again!