3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2017 1:36 PM by Cris Coffey

Problem Management-ITIL Implementing via Track-IT

Kit Eizenga

So I did some analyzed how my organization was managing problems the other day.  There was not a defined Problem Management process like in the ITIL Framework.  What have you done to implement Problem Management with Track-It besides tie incident as child ticket to a Problem Ticket.

• 1. Re: Problem Management-ITIL Implementing via Track-IT
          Cris Coffey

ITIL can be overkill for many organizations and sometimes causes more overhead than the company has resources to manage. This is the primary reason Track-It! doesn't support strict ITIL processes. That said, if you are looking to define your Help Desk service processes a bit better using ITIL guidelines, there are ways to do this using Track-It!

I like to refer to this approach as Pragmatic ITIL or the practice of using just the pieces or parts of ITIL that you find helpful to your organization without going full out ITIL. There is a guide on using Track-It! to follow basic ITIL practices that you can find here Implementing ITIL using Track-It!

On the other hand, if you feel your organization has reached the size or complexity that warrants strict adherence to ITIL processes, there are other BMC products like FootPrints, Remedyforce and Remedy which offer ITIL verified service management solutions.

• 2. Re: Problem Management-ITIL Implementing via Track-IT
            Kit Eizenga

No I am not like for strict adherence to ITIL process.  I am using ITIL to fix problems that exist where that are no procedure or policies.  ITIL in its strictest form does more bad than good by creating a Brasil style bureaucracy.  What you gave me looks like a good read and I will check it out.

• 3. Re: Problem Management-ITIL Implementing via Track-IT
              Cris Coffey

Perfect! Let us know if you have any questions or need anything else.