5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 5:07 PM by Rohan Conn

How does IBRSD interact with arplugin, INT:Staging, and its own buffers

Rohan Conn

Hi All,

Is anyone able to explain to me, or direct me to some useful documentation on, the communication between the IBRSD process on a BPPM 9.6 server and the arplugin process and INT:Staging form on a Remedy application server ?

My issue relates to auto-ticketing slowing down under even moderate event loads eg. ~20 events in quick succession.

We have modified Remedy so that it keeps records in INT:Staging, rather than deleting them immediately after they are processed, so that we can see if IBRSD has actually created a record or not.

If there is a record in INT:Staging for a particular event, but the incident has not been created, then we assume the delay is somewhere in Remedy.

If there is NOT a record in INT:Staging for a particular event, and of course an incident won't have been created, then we assume the delay is somewhere in the BPPM cell or IBRSD.

More often than not we have the following situation :

• An event has occurred but more than a few seconds\minutes (or 1.5 hrs recently !) has elapsed before an incident is created.
      • The mc_propagations slot of the event in the cell shows that it has been propagated to 'ibrsd' (and is not 'PEND')
      • The event is in the RecvBufferFile.dat file on the BPPM server
      • There is NO record in INT:Staging

I would like to know :

• Is the IBRSD process on the BPPM server waiting for the arplugin process on the Remedy server to signal that it is ready for a record to be created in INT:Staging ?
      • Or, is the IBRSD process on the BPPM server holding the events in its buffer for some other reason ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rohan Conn