7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2017 1:35 AM by Paul Donders

RemedyForce Multiple Lookup(User)

John Antiquera

Hi, I am new to RemedyForce and I just learned about the objects, please bear with me.

We have created 4 custom lookup incident objects, these objects are used to determine our people who will be doing field work with regards to the ticket.

I am not sure if this is possible, but I want to create one custom look up object that can take multiple users, ideally 1 to 4 Users in this object. Having said that, I want to remove the other three objects and retain one to accept multiple users. Hoping for an answer on this one.

Please let me know if this is possible?

Thank you very much. Cheers!

• 1. Re: RemedyForce Multiple Lookup(User)
          Paul Donders

Hi John Antiquera

Welcome to the Remedyforce community.

If I understand your query correct, you want a team of 4 people to be able to work on an incident or task.

You can put those 4 people in a queue under Remedyforce administration - Manage USers - Manage Queues

Next, if Queue and staff assignment is not yet on your layout, please enable this via Remedyforce adminstration - Application settings - Record Assignment. Here click the checkbox "Enable Queue and User Assignment"

Next, assign the ticket to your new queue, and the result is that those 4 people who will be doing the field work can see those tickets. When one of them takes ownership, he or she sets her name in the staff field, and puts the status to "In Progress"  or "Accepted"

• 2. Re: RemedyForce Multiple Lookup(User)
            John Antiquera

Thank you Paul Donders and I appreciate the input!

We have the queue and staff assignment enabled and we use this currently, the thing is, we have 4 queues with roughly 20 people in each queues.

Each queues have designated team leaders and will be the staff assignment of the incident tickets.

The team leader will be the staff assignee and will need to assign the cases to (at least one to four) field worker(s) that will actually work with the ticket. We have created 4 custom lookup incident objects for this but I am hoping to have one custom object that can accept multiple users. Is this possible that a custom look up field object can accept multiple users? Let me know I have explained my situation.

Cheers!

• 3. Re: RemedyForce Multiple Lookup(User)
              Paul Donders

Ok, I see.

No we cannot assign multiple users in 1 lookup.

You could do few things:

1. Create and link a task, assign this task to a queue with only the 4 members

2. Create a multi-picklist, put all users in here, assignment can happen here. I don't recommend it, as you will get stuck on visibility, email alerts etc...

3, Assign the ticket to the actual agent that should handle this.

• 4. Re: RemedyForce Multiple Lookup(User)
                John Antiquera

Hi Paul, apologies I just saw your reply! Thank you very much!

Can you discuss how this multi-picklist works? I am not yet familiar with this. In the mean time, I'll try to study this object and will check if this can work on our requirements.

Cheers!

• 5. Re: RemedyForce Multiple Lookup(User)
                  Paul Donders

A multi picklist is a custom field on your object. Click Incident as example, new field, multi picklist. Add your values and place the field on the form.

When it's on your form you can select more than 1 item.. Just play around with it a bit.

• 6. Re: RemedyForce Multiple Lookup(User)
                    John Antiquera

Thank you Paul, is it possible that the values of the Multi Select can depend on the Queue?

Like if Queue A was selected Values of Picklist (Multi-Select) will be 1,2,3 and if Queue B will be selected it will be 4,5,6?

If yes, Can you teach me how to do this?

• 7. Re: RemedyForce Multiple Lookup(User)
                      Paul Donders

Hi John,

No, sorry. That''s one of the reasons I don't recommend this approach. If you ask me, it should be a change in the process. Just assign the task (optionally by a dispatcher) to the correct queue, and to the correct staff who will actually take care of this task.