3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2017 1:30 AM by Akshay D

VG job creation failed : "java.io.IOException: JNI file"

Akshay D

Hello Team,

I am getting following error while creating Virtual guest job.

Error: java.io.IOException: JNI file copy from '/D/Program Files/BMC Software/BladeLogic/NSH/tmp/config_deployment_<appserver>/bldeploy_6503ed12-af28-4eb0-a896-870a3632b2c3.xml' to '//<fileserver>/E/Program Files/BMC Software/Bladelogic/storage/blpackages/b8786dce-50eb-4f9e-8c75-ffb26437ff94/bldeploy.xml' failed: : Invalid argument

I checked with File Server communication with appserver and privileges. But, still not getting resolution.

Any suggestions for the same,

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Akshay

• 1. Re: VG job creation failed : "java.io.IOException: JNI file"
          Akshay D

Hello Team,

Found the solution, as the error is "Error: java.io.IOException: JNI file copy from '/D/Program ----xyz.xml' to '//<fileserver>/xyz/bldeploy.xml' failed: : Invalid argument".

We checked for the ACL files on the file server which looked fine.

> 'Verify' and 'Live browse' of the file server was working fine.

> However, if we try to create any file under the 'Depot', it fails with the same error and does not allow to create the file.

> When we tried to create a test file manually under E:\ Drive on the file-server, it failed with below error message:-

An unexpected error from creating the file.

It was VMware RDM which was causing this drive issue. Due of this we could not create a new entry in that drive & received this invalid argument error in BSA.

After resolving it, BSA file-server works as expected.

Regards,

Akshay

• 2. Re: VG job creation failed : "java.io.IOException: JNI file"
            Bill Robinson

It was VMware RDM which was causing this drive issue. Due of this we could not create a new entry in that drive & received this invalid argument error in BSA.

what does that mean ?  what did you fix or change that resolved the issue ? how is vmware RDM related here ?  that's in the xml you were trying to use w/ the vgj creation or that's part of the bsa infrastructure ?

• 3. Re: VG job creation failed : "java.io.IOException: JNI file"
              Akshay D

Hi Bill,

I was getting the mentioned error for VGJ Creation. So, to troubleshoot more if its giving any error for any other job as well, tried to execute a simple deploy job. In this case, I was adding a file in depot, then also faced the same error which was coming for VG job i.e. JNI---Invalid argument which didn't allow to add any file in depot. From this I thought it could be file server problem and needs to be verified & started with File server troubleshoot.

In BSA infra, File Server installed on windows server VMware RDM disk, and the whole drive was not working properly. When manually tried to access that drive, it failed to execute any operation on it e.g. create or delete any sample file.

Finally, checked with Infra team to troubleshoot the same, then found this RDM disk which was causing issue. After there resolution with the disk, all BSA operations are working properly.

Regards,

Akshay

1 of 1 people found this helpful