2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 8:38 AM by Santhosh Kurimilla

HOTFIX_TYPE and PATCH_TYPE properties' possible values wiped out

Share This:

Bill Robinson

While viewing the HOTFIX_TYPE and PATCH_TYPE properties' possible values from Property Dictionary, they are wiped out.

1. Go to Property Dictionary -> Built-in -> Depot Object -> Software -> Win Depot Software -> HotFix -> HOTFIX_TYPE and PATCH_TYPE.

2. Click on Possible Values -> Cancel

Can you please let me know the possibility to restore those values? I believe, I will have to delete the existing Windows Patch Catalogs and recreate once these values are restored/recreated?

PRO1.png

PRO2.png

PRO3.png

• 1. Re: HOTFIX_TYPE and PATCH_TYPE properties' possible values wiped out
          Bill Robinson

Can you please let me know the possibility to restore those values? I believe, I will have to delete the existing Windows Patch Catalogs and recreate once these values are restored/recreated?

you believe this why ?  it really doesn't seem like you would need to do anything w/ a patch catalog to affect properties.

While viewing the HOTFIX_TYPE and PATCH_TYPE properties' possible values from Property Dictionary, they are wiped out.

1. Go to Property Dictionary -> Built-in -> Depot Object -> Software -> Win Depot Software -> HotFix -> HOTFIX_TYPE and PATCH_TYPE.

2. Click on Possible Values -> Cancel

are you saying the above sequence of events caused the problem ?  in what bsa version ?    if so, that seems wrong so i'd open a ticket w/ support.

and is this actually causing a problem ?

• 2. Re: HOTFIX_TYPE and PATCH_TYPE properties' possible values wiped out

Bill Robinson

Yes, By following the above sequence of steps, it removed the Possible Values. Due to that, these Property values were not showing up on any Hotfix or Bulletin under the Windows Patch catalog. When I open the Hotfix, I was unable to view Extended Properties tab too. As these Property values seem to be key in differentiating the Security vs NonSecurity Pacthes (at least in BSA Perspective), I had to think so.

Anyway, the issue got fixed now after recreating the same possible values. Support confirmed that it is a Defect. They are going to submit one in 8.7.

Thanks for the response, Bill.!