Couple of things to check.
1. Check your product catalog and ensure the Alias does not exist as a product. I've even seen if it exists but is offline or delete status, normalization engine will still use it. So, if it exists, delete it completely.
2. Check page 17 of the Atrium User guide. It has a process flow for the normalization process.
3. Check the Product Catalog Alias Mapping form and see if there is a bad mapping in there. The Normalization engine checks NE:ProductAliasName form first and then later on in the process it checks the Product Catalog Alias Mapping form. So if you have a mapping in there, that might be the problem.
4. Check your dataset configuration. Is the Allow New Product Catalog Entry option enabled?
What is most likely happening is it is ignoring your alias mapping for one reason or another and getting down to the last step of the process and just creating a new product catalog entry.
Is the dataset configured for CTI or CTI+NAME.
For Alias to be replaced you need to use CTI+NAME normalization.
It is CTI+Name
Then you will need to take Debug API logs for normalization at the time of the job running so we can figure out which route is NE going to.
Hi Ryan thanks for reply.
1) Alias is not as product in PC
3) Mapping is correct
4) Yes it allows New PC entry. If we disable it then will the normalisation fails in my case.?
Secoundly Few of them are normalised properly and few of them are normalised incorrectly for same product.. it is intermittent issue.
Also Ryan it is not creating new Entry but for the same input it is not mapping it