10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2017 1:18 PM by PAWAN KAUSHIK

how we can change the customer details On Incident Form

PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi All,

i just want to know that how we can change the customer name and contact name. scenario is that a user is submitting ticket through SRM request entry console through an AIF.

There is a custom SR type field named as "Request for" on this AIF which is filled by the user to choose the details for which he want to raise this SR. When we checked onto the SRM:Request form requestfor and Requested by have the same information. however i wrote a custom filter on submit so that it can set requested for details as per the Custom input given by the user on AIF form . however this has been achieved. now i can see requested by and requested for as two different values. Now the challenge is that i want to change the customer details on incident form with this "Requested for " field present in SRM:Request. Please see the screen shot below:

inc1.JPG

as per the above screen shot on incident form customer and contact+ have the same user for say abc (who submitted the SR) . But i want to replace the customer name with "Requested for" field values as on SRM:Request.

-> Abc is the submitter of SR

->he has choose the custom field over AIF "Request for" as "xyz"

->after request submission on SRM:Request form requested by is reflecting as "Abc" and Requested for is reflecting as "xyz" this is what we want

->but in the incident which is created of behalf of this SR is having only "Abc" in customer field as well as in Contact field.

but we need to replace this customer field with requested for inormation.

is there any suggestion experts that how it can be achieved ?

• 1. Re: how we can change the customer details On Incident Form
          Mohammed Gharaibeh

Dear PAWAN

there is a huge workflow behind this behavior but since you have an AIF form then you can change the actual 'Requested For' name with the customized one.

you have to build your workflow on submit with order 0 so you insure to that the new name is mapped.

also, you may trace the active links and filters where the value is pushed to SRM:Request form and change it to the custom one; but this will take alot of time and efforts to be accomplished.

I will recommed to and a new custom field in incident and map the custom name from AIF with that field and put it in Incident form then you can hide the default one.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: how we can change the customer details On Incident Form
            PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi Mohammed,

I am able to set the requested for info on SRM:Request by using a custom filter as i mentioned. But now the challenge is that how these details are pushing in upto the HPD:IncidentInterface_Create form for incident creation.

• 3. Re: how we can change the customer details On Incident Form
              PAWAN KAUSHIK

is there any suggestion experts ?

• 4. Re: how we can change the customer details On Incident Form
                Mohammad Rehman

Have you turned on the filter log and see when your custom filter sets the values it executes before this filter SRM:AOI:GetSRFieldValues or after this.

This filter SRM:AOI:GetSRFieldValues sets the both RequestedBy and RequestedFor from SRM:Request form to Bridge where API's call Push to create the incident.

Best would be to turn on the filter log and trace the transaction and see where your custom filter population is lagging which need to change the execution order before 600, at 600 SRM pushes to SRM:AppInstanceBridge form.

• 5. Re: how we can change the customer details On Incident Form
                  PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi Mohammad Rehman,

Thanks a lot for your response i was waiting to hear from you .

what i wrote is as below:

-> when any one select a user from the given field on AIF then i am storing his PPL id in a temp field and then setting this PPL id in SR type field 42

->Over SRM:Request form i wrote a filter on the basis of 'SR Type Field 42' != $NULL$ with execution order 998

->Do a set field from people form with matching PPL ID = Person ID over people form and setting the customer firstname,lastname etc. for requested for tab.

This filter is associated with SRM:Request and there is nothing which is written over SRM:AppInstanceBridge

so would like to hear from you that where should i wrote this filter so that as a customer in incident the value of Requested for over SRM:Request form should be carry forward

As checked from the filter logs i got something: that SRM:AOI:GetSRFieldValues (110) is setting the same values of requested for which is setting by customer filter over SRM:Request form, into z1D_SR_Customer Phone Number,FIrstname,Lastname over the SRM:AppInstanceBridge form. but in z1D_SR_Customer Login field it is setting the login id of SR submitter. not as per the requested for field. Please find the below screen shot for logs:

SR2.JPG

Thanks a lot for your suggestion

• 6. Re: how we can change the customer details On Incident Form
                    Mohammad Rehman

Your custom filter is on the right form SRM:Request , As i suggested change the execution order of your custom filter to 599 or less and test.

• 7. Re: how we can change the customer details On Incident Form
                      PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi Mohammad,

I changed the filter execution option to 400 but still it is sending the submitter name in the incident form. however it is setting the requested for details as expected.

as i have sown in the screen shot attached in my previous post it is taking the same value of submitter  in z1D_SR_Customer_Login_ID and z1D_SR_submitter and as per expectation it should be different where as in z1D_SR_Customer_Login_ID is should have the login id of the requested for.

• 8. Re: how we can change the customer details On Incident Form
                        Mohammad Rehman

Please take the filter log (server side) and share. there is something not being set before SRM pushes to SRM:AppInstanceBridge form.

Looking at the log, we can see, where is the issue.

• 9. Re: how we can change the customer details On Incident Form
                          PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi Mohammad Rehman,

Thanks a lot ! you are awesome man

i just found the ghost , there was a filter SRM:REQ:RequesterForInfo_100 which was actually setting the Requested for Login ID on SRM:Request at execution order 100. what i did is i just change the execution order to 98 of my custom filter before this filter and add a set field as "Requested for login id" = Remedy login id from people form.  and try to submit an SR and now it did the trick

but now i have a problem. it is that i want to restrict this filter to work with only Some SRD's like i have SRD1 and i want to restrict this filter to be worked with the requests only submitted through SRD1 so is there any suggestion how can i do that ?

• 10. Re: how we can change the customer details On Incident Form
                            PAWAN KAUSHIK

Thanks Mohammad,

I have gotten the things and now it is working as expected.

Thanks a lot again