14 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2019 1:35 PM by Vern Meyer

Activated to Resolved calculation

John Ossmann
      Share:|

I am having trouble understanding the Activated to resolved calculation in Service Analytics.

I opened tickets last week in the status of Open.  At that time I DID NOT have a Resolved status.

I added a Resolved status today, set that as Resolved in Lifecycle and then set these tickets to the Resolved status, the Activated to Resolved calculation on these is 0.00.

Is there a logical reason why this calculation is 0.00?   I am running 12.1.07.

• 1. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
          Crystal Jones

Sorry to bump such an OLD post, but this never got answered and I have the SAME question.

I have a NUMBER of tickets that (for reasons that defy reason/logic) have a value of 0:00 in all 4 calculated fields:

• Time: Activated to Resolved
          • Time: Activated to Closed
          • Time: Created to Resolved
          • Time: Created to Closed

Additionally the tickets that DO have values in these fields all have the SAME value in all 4 fields. Surely each one of these fields can't mean the SAME THING?

As a result of this inconsistency and odd data, understandably our end-users do not TRUST these calculated fields because the data looks suspect. I can't say that I blame them. Does ANYONE have any insight as to what this means (the ZERO values and the IDENTICAL values in the records that do contain data)?

• 2. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
            John Ossmann

Crystal,

Funny you replied.  Almost 2 years later and I don't see this working any better in the latest version.  I'm still not understanding why some tickets might have 0.0 for these calculations.

I even tried rebuilding the datamart per this article and it doesn't seem to help.

If I get some type of understanding as to what might be going on, I'll give an update, but I'm looking toward submitting a case to BMC.

Bump away!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
              Vern Meyer

We've lost hope that this will be corrected, so we had to replicate this functionality with state-specific hidden fields that copy the "Updated On" field when it get into that state. Then we run calculations on those static time-date fields.

• 4. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
                Crystal Jones

John Ossmann

To be blunt (as I am prone to be ) it makes all of this data as reliable and useless as tits on a bull (as my daddy would say). Frankly speaking there is a movement in my org to push us away from Footprints to Jira, and I am running out of steam/reasons to justify why we should NOT consider it.

If we cannot rely on the data from this system, if I must ask my data team to build stored procedures to REPLICATE what these BUILT IN calculated fields are supposed to do JUST to get RELIABLE reports, then what the hell are we all doing here!? IJS..

Your post is 1.5 years old, and this is STILL an issue????????????????????????????????????? (WTAF? )

Vern Meyer - I can't say that I blame you, but frankly NONE OF US should have to build WORKAROUNDS for BROKEN system functionality. We've been live with Footprints v12.x for over a year now and this has NEVER WORKED! That IMHO is H0R$E$H!T (to be perfectly blunt - excuse my French )

• 5. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
                  John Ossmann

Crystal,

I'm just realizing which company you work for and I will state that I work for Flycast, who we are your support provider and the reason I am looking into this again is due to a recent issue submitted by who I assume is your coworker Phillip.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, but I am doing my best to make sense of it all so I can submit it to BMC with accurate information as I know the problem to be.

Thank You

• 6. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
                    Crystal Jones

John Ossmann - Yes Phillip is my colleague, and it's funny I bumped YOUR post before realizing who you worked for.

Would love some feedback from BMC on this too. (I'm looking at you Eric Liszt ) My analysis of these built in calculated fields is showing the data is UNRELIABLE. That is a REAL SHOWSTOPPER for my organization, and I am not being a drama queen here. This is a REAL THING for my company, and they are flat out of patience for this product. (too many "unsupported" or inadequacies needs in their minds)

• 7. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
                      John Ossmann

Crystal,

I have added you as a CC on the Flycast Incident I have opened with Phillip.  I just updated that so you should have an email.  This way you can be directly kept up on the progress.

Thanks

• 8. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
                        Crystal Jones

John Ossmann, I need to publicly acknowledge how much the good folks at Flycast Partners ROCK!!!!! Thanks to your diligence we think we see a light at the end of this tunnel! Our initial testing of re-building the datamart seems to have resolved the issues with the calculated fields in our QA environment. We are planning on executing the datamart rebuild in the production environment (hopefully this week), and expect that we will see the same occurring in the production environment.

• 9. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
                          Vern Meyer

Lol, this has been an issue for years, and a third party support provider can fix it in 2 weeks. Gee thanks for the support BMC!

• 10. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
                            John Ossmann

@Crystal Jones

Thank You very much for the acknowledgement.  And, better yet I am glad it appears to be working out for you.

Just for the benefit of others, this article is the one that appears to help:

https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=000115020

I initially had a different one I was working with that did not help.  But BMC actually got me the right one that I was previously unaware of.

• 11. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
                              John Ossmann

Vern,

Per my response to Crystal, I enlisted BMC's help on this, but I wish I could take all the credit .

• 12. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
                                Crystal Jones

John Ossmann you stole my "final act"! I wanted to let you guys shine for a bit before sharing the "secret sauce" (AKA the article we used to fix it). You guys are every bit of awesome though so please don't sell yourself short!

• 13. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
                                  John Ossmann

LOL Crystal, and apologies for the theft!

We do our best here and aim to please.

• 14. Re: Activated to Resolved calculation
                                    Vern Meyer

John Ossmann wrote:

Vern,

Per my response to Crystal, I enlisted BMC's help on this, but I wish I could take all the credit .

You still get 100% of the customer satisfaction credit. We have this as a reported issue to BMC, they have never given us this article. Glad to see they wrote a workaround, wish they would have let us know.

This is our main problem with BMC support. We'll see that something was fixed in the release notes without ever hearing back from BMC. Customer Support feels like low priority from BMC, this is why we're trying to look elsewhere.