3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2017 10:44 AM by Ken Soszka

Unassigned equipment type deleted or moved

Tom Cornell

Someone has deleted our 'Unassigned Equipment' category from the Inventory module. How can we recreate it? I cannot just restore from backup as I don't know exactly when it this was done and I don't want to lose any items in inventory.

We are on TrackIT ver. 11.4

Message was edited by: Tom Cornell

• 1. Re: Unassigned equipment type deleted or moved
          Ken Soszka

Hi Tom,

After ensuring that you have a good SQL backup of your Track-It! database, try running this INSERT statement against the database in SQL Server Management Studio. It should either create the Unassigned Equipment record or generate a primary key type of error, which would mean you already have an Unassigned Equipment record in the system:

INSERT INTO dbo.WORKSTAT

(WS_NUM, COMPNAME, AWS_NUM, ASSETTYPEID)

VALUES

(999999, 'Unassigned Equipment', 'Unassigned Equipment', 1);

If you get an error when running that because the 999999 record already exists, run this one instead to fix the record:

UPDATE dbo.WORKSTAT

SET COMPNAME='Unassigned Equipment', AWS_NUM='Unassigned Equipment', AssetTypeID=1

WHERE WS_NUM=999999;

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unassigned equipment type deleted or moved
            Tom Cornell

YES! That got it. Thank you. The key was already there when I ran the first

query so I ran the record fix query and that restored what I needed. Thank you

very much!

Tom Cornell

Director, Information Systems

The Briad Group

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution

inevitable." - J. F. Kennedy

• 3. Re: Unassigned equipment type deleted or moved
              Ken Soszka

Awesome, glad to help! Thanks for letting us know. If you have a minute to mark the post with the solution as "helpful", it will make it easier to find for others with similar problems. Have a great weekend!