13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2017 12:33 PM by Ken Soszka

Survey notification email trouble

Michael Simmons

I modified the the standard Survey Email Notification (that users receive once their work order closes) to read as follows, based on a thread that I saw online.  The only issue is that, the email isn't populated with anything from the ticket...what you see below is "exactly" how the user receives it in their Inbox.  Please help.

Dear {REQUESTOR}

Track-It Work Order number{ID}, for{SUMMARY}, has been CLOSED on{DATECOMPLETED} by{TECHNICIANASSIGNED}.

Please contact the DNFSB Help Desk, 202.694.7077 if you have any questions or need to re-open your work order.

We would greatly appreciate hearing how we did while handling your issue. Please click here to take a short survey on the quality of service you experienced so that we better serve you.

https://HQTI/TISurvey?WO_NUM=160&SurveyID=1

• 1. Re: Survey notification email trouble
          Ken Soszka

Hi Michael,

Is this the thread that you followed? In order to use those variable tags, you should use a "Work Order Closed" notification that is sent from Track-It! and includes the survey URL, as opposed to the built-in survey mailer.

Track-It! 101: Survey configuration

• 2. Re: Survey notification email trouble
            Michael Simmons

Hi Ken,

Yes, that was the exact article (thread) that I followed when configuring my email survey.  The text that i modified was in the "Work Order Closed" notification area and looks almost exactly like the example.  We're running 11.4.  Am I able to use the formatted text where the details from the work order will auto-populate into the email notification?.

• 3. Re: Survey notification email trouble
              Ken Soszka

Yes, that should work. Can you include a screenshot of your Work Order Closed template?

What version of Windows Server are you running Track-It! on, and what is your mail server type and version? Also what format is your email (HTML, Plain Text...)?

• 4. Re: Survey notification email trouble
                Michael Simmons

Ken,

Thank you for the response and continued assistance.  We’re running Windows Server 2012 R2, our mail server is Outlook 2013, although “Incoming Email configuration” type is set as Exchange Web Service (Office 365) and email is formatted (I believe) as HTML.  And, per your request, I’m including a screenshot of our “Work Order Closed” .

Although, I will say that the above template has been working fine, it’s producing an easy-to-read email with appropriate information (from the work order) included.   it’s more of the survey email notification that’s showing exactly as captured below within the global settings.  Below is the screenshot of my Global Settings Web Survey.

v/r Mike

• 5. Re: Survey notification email trouble
                  Ken Soszka

Okay I see, I think you might have misunderstood the article. The idea is to not use the Survey mailer at all. Instead, you put all of the verbiage in the Work Order Closed notification, along with a modified survey URL. That way there is a single email that serves as both the Work Order Closed notification, and the Survey email.

• 6. Re: Survey notification email trouble
                    Michael Simmons

Ken,

Well, if that’s the case, then yes, I did misunderstand the article.  I thought you needed to enable both templates.  So, I only have to modify the “Work Order Closed” template and ensure that the we ensure that the “ is included within the E-mail body, right?

-Mike

• 7. Re: Survey notification email trouble
                      Michael Simmons

Ken,

I added the to the “Work Order Closed” template and disabled the automatic survey from the configuration.  Only one email arrives after a work order is closed…but the survey URL is no longer clickable.  It shows up in the email as the .  How do I get this to again be clickable?  We want every work order to receive a survey (for now), so am happy with only having users receive the work order closed email, but do need the URL to be clickable.

v/r Mike

• 8. Re: Survey notification email trouble
                        Michael Simmons

Would someone please clarify "how" to combine the survey URL into the "“Work Order Closed” template so that the survey URL works.  I had wrongly assumed that you needed both the "Survey mailer" and "Work Order Closed" template, but was shown that not to be true.  So, I manually copied the {SURVEY_URL} into the "Work Order Closed" template, but now the SURVEY isn't clickable.  Only the text as written shows.

• 9. Re: Survey notification email trouble
                          Michael Simmons

Amit D Urkude responded via email with a solution that worked perfectly.  Thank you to those who responded above and to Amit for the final resolution.  -Mike

• 10. Re: Survey notification email trouble
                            Ken Soszka

Great news Mike, can you share the solution here for others to find? Thanks!

• 11. Re: Survey notification email trouble
                              Ken Soszka

I checked with Amit, the solution is in the same article on how to set this up in its entirety, which I provided in my first reply. I assumed that you had tried the instructions already. :-)

Here is the link again for anyone else who wants to set this up, and the specific part about the URL:

Track-It! 101: Survey configuration

Other customers will elect to turn off the Survey Mailer, and add the Survey URL to the completed work order notifications.  This is advantageous over the Survey Mailer because now, rather than getting two emails from Track-It! each time a work order is closed (a Completed Notification and a Survey Request), the end user only gets a single email which includes the link to the survey as well as any additional instructions and hints (such as what work order the survey is in reference to, for example).  However, just as with the Survey Mailer, you have to use specific syntax to tie the survey to the work order number.  In my example screenshots above, if I were to send out

http://ti21/ti11survey?SurveyID=1

none of the survey results would be tied to a work order.  Instead, I'd need to use syntax like this:

http://ti21/ti11survey?WO_NUM={ID}&SurveyID=1

The second syntax will use the Work Order Template's native variable {ID} to pull the work order number from the work order its in reference to, and insert that into the email as part of the URL.  This will result in that survey response being correctly tied to the correct work order number, and the Survey Response reports will give useful data.

• 12. Re: Survey notification email trouble
                                Michael Simmons

Ken,

You’re right, it was in the article.  It didn’t work then, but after received other responses, it seemed that I had mistakenly configured something or was trying the mailer and notification emails.  Regardless, it’s fixed and appreciate your assistance Ken.  Thanks for reaching back out to me.

V/R

• 13. Re: Survey notification email trouble
                                  Ken Soszka

No problem, glad to help, and thanks for sharing the issue in here Communities. A great way to help other Track-It! users!