1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2017 9:26 AM by Gordon James

Incident Integration with TSOM

Gordon James

Hello,

I have followed best practice and integrated Incidents into TSOM/TSIM. In the past I have integrated events (and before that forkevent).

On a new installation I have made the decision to integrate using Incidents and configured the Global Trigger to send incidents to BEM when any update occurs to the Incident.

An incident can have an "Age out" set. If I take the class "Device Average CPU Utilization High". This is set to 10 mins. Therefore the incident closes after 10 mins in Entuity and as a consequence closes the Event in TSOM/TSIM. high

However the managed device is still over its threshold and suffering from high CPU usage. However the event in TSIM/TSOM is closed. To an Operator viewing theTSOM console the event

is resolved because it has been closed.

I realise that I can remove the "Age Out" property but this seems to be deviating away from the base installation and best practice.

Appreciate any thoughts on the above.

Regards

Gordon

• 1. Re: Incident Integration with TSOM
          Gordon James

Hello,

I've spoken to Entuity regarding this and the default behaviour for "Age Out" of an Incident is to Close the corresponding TSIM/BPPM event.

This will result in the device still suffering from High CPU usage but the TSIM event closed.

Unless there is autoticketing in place (or the operators deal with every event within a few minutes) then there stands the potential to miss events.

There are many Incident classes with the "Age Out" property set.