We use client distribution but not reporting. Haven't faced any issues till now.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
We are not using client distribution. Reasons being:
- permissions are too great for standard user
- Packaging tool can handle pre-reqs like .Net install that client dist can not.
- Default installation will be user based, not device based (there's a CAR open for this, might be a patch to fix it)
- The user performing client updates must be the same as the user that performed the initial install (See KA 000115769)
These might not be issues for every site.
In addition to what was already stated.
1. It does not allow for customizations such as updated plug-in's
2. It does not allow for customized planning templates to be bundled.
For the same reasons, we aren't using client deployment here.