4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2017 1:47 PM by Cris Coffey

Creating multiple Event Policies consisting of multiple requestors from multiple requestors

Michael Simmons

Are you able to create multiple Event Policies consisting of multiple requestors from multiple requestors?  I cannot find if there's a selection drop-down for requestors to select each user and associate them to the appropriate event policy.  I already created skill-routing policies, but am uncertain HOW to match up our user-base to the existing SLA which has 4 priority levels and 3 category of users.  Thank you in advance for your assistance, Mike

• 1. Re: Creating multiple Event Policies consisting of multiple requestors from multiple requestors
          Ken Soszka

Hi Mike,

If I understand correctly, you are looking for a way to have an Event Policy or Skill Routing Policy apply to multiple Requestors, is that correct? You cannot have multiple Requestors as a Criteria in an Event Policy, or a Skill Routing Policy. However, if Work Orders are created by email, you might be able use an email policy with Requestor Department or Requestor Location as a Criteria.

Assign Departments or Locations to your Users to effectively create the groups that you need - they don't have to be actual Departments or Locations, and you can change the Field Names in the User Accounts and Work Orders if desired.

Next, either create Email Policies with those Departments or Locations as criteria, or create Event Policies with those Departments or Locations as criteria.

If you use Email Policies, those Email Policies can either set an Assigned Technician, and/or Apply a Work Order Template, which in turn could kick off a Skill Routing policy or an Event Policy, respectively.

If you simply use Event Policies with those Departments or Locations as criteria, you just won't be able to use Skill Routing Policies for the Departments or Locations.

I hope that makes sense, it's kind of a long way around but the current iteration of Track-It! isn't all that granular for these types of things. There is a big rewrite on a new platform happening, which should make things like this much more do-able!

• 2. Re: Creating multiple Event Policies consisting of multiple requestors from multiple requestors
            Ken Soszka

Also be aware that if you use Directory Importer, the Departments and Locations will come from AD, as opposed the Track-It! Departments and Locations in the Admin Console. Directory Importer can be configured to not import that information though, if you do something custom in Track-It.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Creating multiple Event Policies consisting of multiple requestors from multiple requestors
              Michael Simmons

Good afternoon Ken,

Thank you for your input.  Yes, you pretty much have my intent.  And, since I cannot have multiple requestors as a criteria, I’ve begun creating multiple event policies for each possible level 1 & level 2 scenario (within our SLA).  Aside from the time, the problem will come when I try to create event policies for level 3 which includes everyone NOT in levels 1 or 2…Track-It seems to not wanna accept my criteria.

v/r Mike

• 4. Re: Creating multiple Event Policies consisting of multiple requestors from multiple requestors
                Cris Coffey

Is there a higher level you can do this type of policy? Is there a certain type, category or priority that would warrant this to happen? Maybe a location or a department? With hundreds of requestors in an environment, it is not practical or scalable to manage individual policies for individual requestors.

1 of 1 people found this helpful