10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2017 4:26 AM by Andy Teo

How to change Service Broker Demo password?

Andy Teo

Hi Everyone,

I need to change Service Broker Demo password. BMC support adviced to change it in the User form if it's a AR System Admin account.

I went to Mid-Tier (connected to SBE AR), login with hannah_admin, access to User form, and changed the Demo account password.

Afterwhich I tried to login to Mid-Tier using Demo, but the new password doesn't work. I can still login using the existing password.

Meaning, the Demo account I used to login to Mid-Tier is NOT the Demo account in User form?

Then how can I change the Demo account password which is used to login to Mid-Tier and also used to start up the ARController in Service Broker?

My Service Broker version is 3.2.

regards

andy

• 1. Re: How to change Service Broker Demo password?
          Sidhdesh Punaskar

I dont know the answer but looping John Gallagher who might know the answer.

• 2. Re: How to change Service Broker Demo password?
            Carl Wilson

Hi,

you need to remember here that there are 2 DB's involved with SB - Tenant and System.

"hannah_admin" give you access to the Tenant DB, where Demo gives you access to the System DB.

You need to log into the System DB to update the password for Demo. 

Recommendations:

• Install a User Tool to access the Remedy system (I know BMC recommend to use the Mid Tier .... but ...)
            • Log in using Demo and create another Administration account in-case anything goes wrong.

Cheers

Carl

• 4. Re: How to change Service Broker Demo password?
              Andy Teo

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the response. We managed to find the correct form to update the Demo account password. The form name is "AR System Admin User". Only Demo has access to this form.

But we encountered another problem. After changing the Demo password, we are able to use the new password to login to Mid Tier, but we are not able to start up ARController using Demo's new password. Below are the scenarios we tried but in vain:

1. Demo password changed in AR System Admin User form. ARController unable to start up using the new Demo password.

2. Tried using the old/original Demo password but still cannot start up ARController.

3. Login using hannah_admin and update the Demo password in User form to new password. Tried to start up ARController but still can't start up.

**the ARController stuck at this message:

Checking core bundles are up before running migrations. Not yet up

Luckily we can still login to Mid Tier using the Demo new password, and revert back to the original password, and we managed to start up the ARController using the original password.

is there any other locations we need to update the Demo password in order to start up ARController?

regards

andy

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 5. Re: How to change Service Broker Demo password?
                Carl Wilson

Hi,

might have to throw this one over to John G to answer as I have not actually done this and the startup scripts changed a couple of time through the 3.2 versions lifecycle.

But as this is AR System as the base platform, I expect that the Demo password is changed at the User form level which in turn updates the User Cache table.

The Demo account will give you access to the System DB, where the password needs to be changed - so you should be able to access the User form and update accordingly.

Alternately, you could attempt to add in a new User account (Admin) and try and start up SB with this.

Cheers

Carl

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 6. Re: How to change Service Broker Demo password?
                  Hugh Fairfield

Hi Andy,

One thing to check is the piece it is failing at is trying to check this end point:
                  http://<Server Name>:8008/api/sbe/healthcheck/core

If you go to this end point, it should say UP. If it is giving some other response, that would be why it is looping.

Let us know what it is doing when you change the password and we can go from there.

thx!

Hugh

• 7. Re: How to change Service Broker Demo password?
                    Andy Teo

Hi Hugh,

I have ran the http://<Server Name>:8008/api/sbe/healthcheck/core and it returned DOWN.

Please advice how I can follow up from here....

• 8. Re: How to change Service Broker Demo password?
                      John Gallagher

Hello Andy,

If you attach the bundle and arerror log we'll take a look.

Regards,

John 

• 9. Re: How to change Service Broker Demo password?
                        Andy Teo

Sorry John, I cannot share the logs here due to company policy. I will open a ticket with BMC Support for this. Will update here once I have solution/answer.

regards

andy

• 10. Re: How to change Service Broker Demo password?
                          Andy Teo

Hi Everyone,

I have updates:

BMC support tested changing the SBE Demo password to "password" and it's able to startup ARController.

Reason why I am having issue is due to my password length. I used "123" for the SBE Demo password for testing. Although I can login to Mid-Tier using "123" but this password length cannot be used for ARController startup.

I tested changing the SBE Demo password to "password" and I am able to startup ARController. Later, I changed this password to my own 8 alphanumeric characters password and it's working fine too.

Seems to me that there is a minimum length required (i.e. 8 characters) for the SBE Demo account password.

And to change the SBE Demo password, we need to go to the form called "AR System Admin User". Only Demo has access to this form.

Thanks everyone for the responses. Appreciate it!

regards

andy