4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 5:41 AM by Sherwin Russel

Automating relationships using Filters

Sherwin Russel

I am trying to automate a Relationship in the Dependency Form (BMC.CORE:BMC_Dependency). As we know, this requires a Source Instance ID and the Destination Instance ID, to create a record in this Dependency form.

My Source Instance ID is fixed and it is from the Business Services class (BMC.CORE:BMC_Business Service), and the Destination Instance ID is dynamic (whenever a record is created in the BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem class form).

Using filters, i am trying to achieve the below:

Step-1: I have a custom Display only form, from which the values are pushed to the Computer System Form to create a new record. (successful) 

(This is executed on Submit, and the values are pushed to the BMC.CORE:BMC_Computer System form).

Step-2: Once a new record is created in BMC.CORE:BMC_Computer System, the Instance ID of this New Record has to be captured or pushed to the BMC.CORE:BMC_Dependency class form. (Not successful)

(I am not sure how to trigger this action when a new record is created in a different form)

Step-3: Create the Dependency Record with both Instance ID's using a Push Field action to create relationship. (Not Successful)

(this is dependent on step 2)

Please can you guys assist in Step 2 & Step 3, or maybe provide a better approach or solution to this.