Could you clarify... you need do not generate ALARM in ServiceStatus for your "lazy" service during 5-10 minutes after restarting server?
Hi Oleg and thanks for the reply.
Yes, I would like to not alarm for 5-10 mins on the slower services but then normal monitoring to resume afterwards. I appreciate I could do this with amended the threshold but there are quite a number of servers with this issue so setting instance thresholds is not too appealing!
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I can suggest the one of possible ways using classic PATROL events by KM4EM (not intelligent events of TrueSight).
1. Set polltime for monitoring servises as 1 min.
2. Select KM Command to change thresholds
3. Change triggers to "Alarm to current session" N=10 (for Alarm Range1 & Alarm Range2)
After restarting server or PATROL Agent or if the service goes down you will have 10 min delay before ALARM occurs in ServiceStatus parameter.
See attached pictures of real testing from my test PATROL Agent.
1) When service is down - No alarms!
2) After ~5 minutes no ALARMS!
3) ALARM only after N=10 times! Bingo!
I think you can do same configuration if using thresholds of TrueSight.
Thanks Oleg for the effort in producing all of that. I've asked for some service names and we'll create a ruleset to apply. Cheers again.