1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2017 2:11 PM by Shadab Ashraf

Profile Icons

Mohammed Gharaibeh

what other icons can the profile hold? and how many icons will appear?

is there any levels for these icons? and how to get each icon?

• 1. Re: Profile Icons
          Shadab Ashraf

Hi Mohammed Gharaibeh, there are two things here:

Self - service Badges -

• Badges are displayed in 'Me in Three' section wherein a user can select upto 3 badges unlocked by them to display in profile pop-up. Badges are awarded to when you attended events or as you level up on BMC Communities. You can mouseover the 'Me in Three' section to see badge name. For example:

You can choose to edit your Top 3 badges by clicking on 'your reputation' on your profile page.

Badges assigned by Admin Team -

• These badges are assigned by admin team to help others easily identify community members as moderator, experts, BMC employees and/or based on their participation in BMC owned events (such as Engage in the past). One user can only have one of these badges per profile.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Profile Icons
            Mohammed Gharaibeh

Hi Shadab Ashraf

I know the self-service badges, I almost achieved them all

I mean the small icons beside the name.

It would be much better if the Admin Team make a legend of these icons to motivate users to get them like the badges.

• 3. Re: Profile Icons
              LJ LongWing

Mohammed,

As I understand it, there is only 1 visible at any given time...the one you are displaying is moderator....I had that at one point...the one that shows on my account is the BMC Employee one...there are 2 or 3 others that I've seen, but as far as I know, you can only have one visible at any time, and don't have access to 'choose' it.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Profile Icons
                Mohammed Gharaibeh

Hi LJ

hmmmm, you said you have the BMC Employee icon but from my sight you are a champion !!

anyway we doesn't has access or will know how to get other icons; maybe it is manual selection by Admins.

• 5. Re: Profile Icons
                  LJ LongWing

Ah you are correct....I was a BMC Employee icon for quite some time....at some point I got the champion one but it never showed...now it is....nice ...I like it better anyway

• 6. Re: Profile Icons
                    Mohammed Gharaibeh

I will take a guess that if you had a certain number of correct answers you will get the champ icon; still a guess

• 7. Re: Profile Icons
                      Shadab Ashraf

We are currently building on the champion/MVP Program (Matt Laurenceau working very closely on it, currently on holidays). Here are some of the criteria:

• Online, reactive: replying on questions, having answers flagged as Correct or Helpful
                      • Online, proactive: posting enablement resources: documents, either generic or that could make a lot of sense in the Learn Experience (currently soft-launched, goal is to best onboard new people)
                      • Events: participant/speaker/organizer of a local event
                      • Viral Growth:
                        • onboard new Members (colleagues, customer, partner, etc.), you can point the to these resources from myself Shadab Ashraf and team (John Gallagher, etc.)
                        • deploy something new and exciting (upgrade, roll out new feature/module or companion product, etc.)
                      • Engagement in other Communities:

We pilot tested with Remedy ITSM. If you like the approach, I would share your feedback with Matt Laurenceau and keep you in loop as this program matures

Meet some of these champions and their stories:

BMC Champion: Jamie Boley

BMC Champion: Evan Ruble

• 8. Re: Profile Icons
                        Jason Miller

I have never seen the BMC Employee one next to your name. It was still moderator long after you started working for BMC.

• 9. Re: Profile Icons
                          Mohammad Rehman

I second Jason Miller, I never saw BMC Employee  icon.

• 10. Re: Profile Icons
                            LJ LongWing

Interesting....I thought it was there...maybe it's just there in my mind

or maybe in the hover over my name where it says 'BMC Employee'

• 11. Re: Profile Icons
                              Shadab Ashraf

That seems rather unusual. Are you guys not able to see a BMC logo next to my name here? The purpose of that was to identify a user as a BMCer. Also, if you hover over any badge next to a name, it showcases what the batch represents. See here:

• 12. Re: Profile Icons
                                LJ LongWing

I'm able to see yours, and lots of other's....but there are times when there are multiple that apply, and I think the question at the start of the topic was

1 - What is the list of possible options

2 - What is a legend of what they are and how to get them

3 - How can you choose which ones are displayed there

• 13. Re: Profile Icons
                                  Jason Miller

Yes, I can see your BMC logo and I am able to see LJ's Champion badge. The point I was making is LJ had a Moderator badge prior to joining BMC as an employee. Once he became an employee his badge remained Moderator.

LJ is a great example where a single badge does not cover everything. So which badge takes precedence? I always figured it was more important for people to know LJ is a BMC employee over being a moderator (but him being an employee doesn't mean he is a moderator) and now he is a champion. He has 3 badges that are very fitting.

• 14. Re: Profile Icons
                                    Mohammed Gharaibeh

just an idea,

it could be like one badge beside the name with a small arrow if the profile has more than one badge, and once you click on the arrow it will expand the other badges

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                    1 2 Previous Next