6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 6:53 AM by Laurence Balon

Entuity 15.5 java update

Ak khan

hello

In our environment entuity 15.5 is using  java 1.7 version. can we  install java 1.8. version for server monitoring purpose,does it affect the entuity.

• 1. Re: Entuity 15.5 java update
          David Morin

I think you can install Java from a "client perspective" on the server that Hosts Entuity without an issue.

I would not however update the Java version WITHIN the Entuity application however, only when provided from an official Patch

• 2. Re: Entuity 15.5 java update
            Ak khan

Thanks for the reply david.

currently we are using entuity version 15.5 patch 02. so can we update java from 1.7 to 1.8 without any affect to entuity. 

• 3. Re: Entuity 15.5 java update
              David Morin

So in Entuity 15.5 it looks like patch 03 (that can be obtained from Entuity) installs Java 8 for the Entuity application.  I would recommend updating to patch 03 to get to JAVA 8.  That updates the java in your Entuity_Home directory.

Now if you are talking about the java client that is "independently" installed on the OS I think you will be OK with JAVA 8 there however if there are any concerns I would recommend opening up a support ticket so you can get it from the vendor directly.

• 4. Re: Entuity 15.5 java update
                Laurence Balon

AK,

Thanks for Dave for answering the question. Dave is correct. The java client that is "independently" installed on the OS will not impact the java client that gets installed when web clients connect to the Entuity server and need to run the Component Viewer tool. The java client that gets downloaded from the Entuity server to the Entuity web client will run in a private space and will not impact any existing java client installed on the web client PC or laptop.

Entuity has officially retired the java client in Release 16.5.

Larry

• 5. Re: Entuity 15.5 java update
                  Ak khan

Thanks for the reply larry.

we need to install java version 1.8 as BPPM is recommending us to do so for server monitoring. so can we install the java 1.8 version if it does not have any adverse effects on entuity.

• 6. Re: Entuity 15.5 java update
                    Laurence Balon

This should not have any adverse effect on the Entuity server. Many BMC/Entuity customers deploy Patrol agents for monitoring of their Entuity servers.

Larry