6 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2017 2:32 PM by Ashwanth Padmanabhan

Delay in assignment process

Josue Araujo
      Share This:

Hi to all,

I have problems to individual assign tickets (WorkOrder & Incident), actually The process works fine,  but takes a long time to assign.

I check the values for improvement the process

AE-Worker-Threads

AE-Poll-Interval

And i set the values AE-Worked-Threads 10 and AE-Poll-Interval in 2 Minutes.

I add the Private-RPC-Socket: 390633 5 10, and  after i restart the servers, but the behavior is the same.

Someone will have some comment?

Thanks

Josue Araujo

• 1. Re: Delay in assignment process
          Mohammad Rehman

What is your environment and version? Have you turn on the logs to see where it is lagging?

• 2. Re: Delay in assignment process
            Josue Araujo

Hi Mohammad:

Thanks for quickly response.

The BMC Remedy AR Production Environment is:

BMC Remedy Suite 9.1.001

Linux 7.2

6 ARS in Server Group (3 for users and 3 for administration activities and integrations)

4 Mid Tiers that make request to ARS for users.

BD Oracle 11g RAC SCAN Exadata

TargetServerAssignment Engine Ranking
            For Attend usersVLTUTBMCP0084
            VLTUTBMCP0095
            VLTUTBMCP0106
            For Admin OperationsVLTUTBMCP0113Administration Server
            VLTUTBMCP0121
            VLTUTBMCP0132
            Resources for all servers:
            8X2.1 Ghz Cores, 24 GB RAM, 200 Gb HD
            • 3. Re: Delay in assignment process
              Ashwanth Padmanabhan

i think when a call is made to assignment engine it first goes to application pending form(the assignment command that gets fired from itsm application) and then that record gets picked up by the assignment engine and it process the same and updates the master ticket with the assignee details

if thats the case...how much time does it take for the assignment engine to pick up the record that is sitting in the application pending form? if that polling interval is more than the desired interval time then atleast we know the cause that's where we need to improve to fix your polling interval issue..however if the record gets picked up real fast but assignment engine is taking lot of time to process then we can work accordingly....

• 5. Re: Delay in assignment process
                Josue Araujo

Hi Ashwanth Padmanabhan:

Thanks for the quckly response.

I monitoring the Application Pending Form, and i see that the records related to Assing are processing quickly.

The records are created and in one second this records are processing.

I add the open query in this form:

screenshot_Application Pending.PNG

Thanks so much.

• 6. Re: Delay in assignment process
                  Ashwanth Padmanabhan

ok that means AE polling interval has got no issues in your case....its polling the records as desired/expected timelines...now we need to understand why it is taking too long to process the command

a) is it taking too long to process the command

or

b) it is taking too long to update the master record(ticket) once it processed the command

we may have to enable assignment engine debug logs for that to understand...and also we would have to capture filter logs when it tries to update the master ticket with the assignment details to see if anything suspicious going on there..