8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2017 1:17 PM by Matthew Coyne

Not able to create a SMART Application in Innovation Studio

Matthew Coyne
      Share This:

Hi,

I am new to Innovation Studio.  I have requested a sandbox and have logged in.  I am trying to create a SMART Application, but I am not able to.  I am reading the tutorials, but not able to add libraries or develop an application.  What am I missing?

• 2. Re: Not able to create a SMART Application in Innovation Studio
          Matthew Coyne

Do I follow these steps even when I have requested a Sandbox environment from BMC for Innovation Studio?  They have provided one to me, but I am not able to create new applications.

• 3. Re: Not able to create a SMART Application in Innovation Studio
            Jason Miller

Yes, we don't have console access to the sandboxes. All we have access to are Innovation Suite web UI, the associated Innovation Suite API and Mid Tier. You will need to setup the "development environment" on the machine you are using to access to hosted instance. I know this sounds kind of confusing, needing to setup a development environment to access your sandbox development environment.

At this time there is not a push button way to create a new app from the Innovation Suite UI itself (like a create app wizard). I think there has been talk of this but until then you actually start an application on your local machine and using the API the application is created remotely in your hosted sandbox.

HTH,

Jason

• 4. Re: Not able to create a SMART Application in Innovation Studio
              Harveensingh Oberoi

Jason , is right . As of now there is no way to push the application directly without a local development environment .

However once you have the development environment ready , you can use Maven to deploy your application remotely on the sandbox. Maven uses a POM file wherein we can specify the URL and and port of the Sandbox wherein the Smart application can be deployed.

Best Regards,

Harveen .

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 5. Re: Not able to create a SMART Application in Innovation Studio
                Matthew Coyne

thanks for the responses.  I have been able to work locally and start creating a project.  I am getting an issue when I try to deploy the project to the Innovation Sandbox:

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] Reactor Summary:

[INFO]

[INFO] incident-lib2-all .................................. SUCCESS [  1.108 s]

[INFO] Incident Library Automation ........................ FAILURE [ 35.598 s]

[INFO] Incident Library ................................... SKIPPED

[INFO] incident-lib2-package .............................. SKIPPED

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] Total time: 50.024 s

[INFO] Finished at: 2017-04-18T10:16:20-04:00

[INFO] Final Memory: 17M/286M

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.7:compile (default) on project incident-lib2-automation: Execution default of goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.7:compile failed: Plugin org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.7 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact com.sun:tools:jar:1.8.0_74 at specified path C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_74/../lib/tools.jar -> [Help 1]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.

[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.

[ERROR]

[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginResolutionException

[ERROR]

[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command

[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :incident-lib2-automation

it goes through the build and all looks good, then this appears at the end.

• 6. Re: Not able to create a SMART Application in Innovation Studio
                  Carl Wilson

Hi,

looks like your Java Home environment variable is pointing to a JRE and not a JDK version of Java 8:

Plugin org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.7 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact com.sun:tools:jar:1.8.0_74 at specified path C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_74/../lib/tools.jar

Do you have a JDK installed and pathed correctly?

Cheers

Carl

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 7. Re: Not able to create a SMART Application in Innovation Studio
                    Matthew Coyne

thanks.  That was the issue on that error.  I only had the JRE installed.

New error:

[INFO] Executing tasks

main:
                         [echo] NPM INSTALL
                         [exec] 'npm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
                         [exec] operable program or batch file.
                    [INFO] Reactor Summary:
                    [INFO]
                    [INFO] incident-lib2-all .................................. SUCCESS [  0.203 s]
                    [INFO] Incident Library Automation ........................ SUCCESS [ 23.117 s]
                    [INFO] Incident Library ................................... FAILURE [  3.954 s]
                    [INFO] incident-lib2-package .............................. SKIPPED
                    [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
                    [INFO] Total time: 28.259 s
                    [INFO] Finished at: 2017-04-18T11:33:58-04:00
                    [INFO] Final Memory: 33M/337M
                    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.7:run (grunt-build) on project incident-lib2: An Ant BuildException has occured: exec returned: 1
                    [ERROR] around Ant part ...<exec failonerror="true" dir="C:\Projects\incident-lib2\bundle" executable="cmd" osfamily="windows">... @ 31:103 in C:\Projects\incident-lib2\bundle\target\antrun\build-main.xml
                    [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
                    [ERROR]
                    [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
                    [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
                    [ERROR]
                    [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
                    [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
                    [ERROR]
                    [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
                    [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :incident-lib2

• 8. Re: Not able to create a SMART Application in Innovation Studio
                      Matthew Coyne

Fixed the issues.  missed installing a Node.js.  Project deployed successfully.