3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2017 12:41 PM by Gustavo del Gerbo

Atrium core console: Connection error in class's attribute update

Alessandro Fenzi
      Share This:

Hi,

I need to update some attributes values of a CMDB's class. I get the following error when I try to do this.

I don't find errors in log files (arjavaplugin.log and arerror.olg), so I don't why the update doesn't works.

Where I can find the connection configuration of Atrium application?

Thanks

Alessandro

• 1. Re: Atrium core console: Connection error in class's attribute update
          Sudhir Ujagare

Check CMDB Metadata. Make sure there is no Change pending entry in OBJSTR:Class and Attribute definition form.

Also Run the CMDB driver utility and perform Sync by providing Pending Id. If there is any issue with Meta data sync command will help you to fix it.

Before you begin with these steps try to restart the arcmdb process once via Task manager or restart the process if on Linux/Unix.

Fetch the pending ID for the pending Record from the form OBJSTR:Class / OBJSTR:AttributeDefinition. You need to look for pending records on these forms.

Open CMDBDRIVER under "BMC Software\AtriumCore\cmdb\server64\bin" location. Use below steps as example to login and initalize :

Command: init
          INITIALIZATION

CMDBInitialization results
          ReturnCode: OK
          Status List : 0 items

Command: log
          Control record:
          Authentication string () :
          User name () : Demo
          Password () : ************
          Locale[.charSet] () :
          TimeZone () :
          Server () : localhost

If you have a port configured with your server then use the command "ssp" and set the RPC Port.

Once this is done use the command "sync" and feed the pending ID to it and this will process

Thanks,

Sudhir Ujagare

• 2. Re: Atrium core console: Connection error in class's attribute update
            Alessandro Fenzi

I didn't find any Class or Attribute in "Pending" status. Anyway when I try to perform a command by CMDBDRIVER on the AR Server the error is:

Message type: ERROR
            Message number: 90
            Message: Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server
            Append XXXXX : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Unable to receive

The XXXXX is the name of the AR server

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

Alessandro

• 3. Re: Atrium core console: Connection error in class's attribute update
              Gustavo del Gerbo

Your CMDB does not seem to be running in that server.

Can you check cmdbengdebuglog.log in the /db folder?