I tested this on 9.1.02.000 using HPD:Associations, and it did perform the search correctly. Can you provide specific steps to reproduce your problem? Worst case, we can both perform the same action and compare workflow logs.
If you have Smart IT installed, did you remove zeros from request IDs? On certain forms the search will not work correctly with the long ID format.
For example, on HPD:Help Desk if you search for "1", it will convert the ID to the short version - INC1, rather than the long version INC0000000000001. In that's the case, the search doesn't seem to work correctly for IDs of the old format.
sry for my delayed answer and thx for your suggestion, but we stepped back and are currently testing 8.1 where the issue mentioned is not existing, so I cannot provide any direct example right now.
In addtion we do not use much of the ITSM suite but mostly custom forms, so this is more of a general issue (I think I posted my question in the wrong area then..). But anyway this should not happen at all....I think
I think we are going to upgrade our migration testing environment to 9.1 again tomorrow.
I will post more detailed information on this, as soon as it is available.
thx in advance for your support
After a year we are now finally resuming our upgrade efforts to Version V9.1.04 from V8.1.02.
It seems there have been some changes, because the mentioned problem does no longer appear in search mode on the form itself.
We can now successfully enter the request id as short integer value into the search field and the distinct request will be found.
Unfortunately the SetFields, PushFields and OpenWindow Actions still show the same behaviour:
In this example I put in a fixed value. One could use an Integer Field reference instead.
This works in V7.x and V8.x, but NOT in V9.x
V7.x and V8.x log
In V9.1.04 the prefix is just not accounted for.
One might ask where such worklow would make sense. We often use it for custom searches in display consoles for quick access to certain request where the user enters a short ID version of the full length version of the request ID of a ticket.
In an Open Window action this might be harmless and only lead to an empty data display.
In a SetFields or PushFields action on the other hand this might even lead to data corruption, depending on your workflow.
(Consider a PushFields modifiying the request on id match else creating a new recordset)
I don't now, if the newest release contains any fix for that, since our maintenance contract has currently expired (working on that), but I could not find any mention of this problem anywhere in the buglist.
We could work around this problem by changing our workflow, but it is hard to detect the places in which we are using such functionality.
So it would be nice to have this version behave like before.