2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 9:22 AM by Chris Forzaglia

Critical Alert in AAORUL00 (Rule Set: ALRMSTRT) not Deleted

Chris Forzaglia

After an upgrade, I got an alert:

BBALRM03 MISSING TASK - is - SEE HELP TO ESCALATE

After reading a bit on it, I figured maybe it was because the Alarm Manager was restarted COLD after recognizing the new Version?  Either way, everything implied it would go away on it's own after Reaching a Critical Level.

See help:

AO           AutoOPERATOR will escalate this alert up one priority

ACTION:      level every ten minutes until reaching the CRITICAL  

priority level.  Ten minutes after this alert reaches

the CRITICAL level, it will be deleted.             

Unfortunately it is still there.  I could clear it myself but I'm just wondering why it showed up and never went away.  What triggered it?  Apparently WORD3 is "is".  Maybe it was written by Bill Clinton. 

• 1. Re: Critical Alert in AAORUL00 (Rule Set: ALRMSTRT) not Deleted
          Chris Forzaglia

OK - So no sooner do I post this that the message is gone.  It's been there for well over 10 minutes but it's gone now.  Perhaps I did something to make it go away.

• 2. Re: Critical Alert in AAORUL00 (Rule Set: ALRMSTRT) not Deleted
            Chris Forzaglia

This is happening again.  The Help Panel for the Alert says this...

MEANING:     This alert has been automatically generated by the    

BMC Software supplied Alarm Manager / AutoOPERATOR    

solution.  This solution was activated by enabling    

rules ALRMSTRT and ALRMSTOP in the supplied AAORUL00  

ruleset.                                              

AO           AutoOPERATOR will escalate this alert up one priority 

ACTION:      level every ten minutes until reaching the CRITICAL   

priority level.  Ten minutes after this alert reaches 

the CRITICAL level, it will be deleted.               

USER         If a PCMD was defined for the alarm that triggered this

ACTION:      alert, the user can submit that command for processing

by positioning the cursor on the alert and issuing the

TRANSFER command.                                   

How can I stop this false alarm!?