4 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2018 6:48 AM by Motheeshwaran Durairaj

Maaping SAP Systems in Atrium CMDB

Rahul Priyadarshy
      Share:|

Hi  All experts

Need some input on mapping SAP Systems in CMDB. Like

SAP as a System has Prod,Dev,QA etc. Now SAP has Modules Like SAP MM, SAP FM,SAP PM, SAP FICO, SAP PS (Prod/dev/QA)  etc.

Now SAP is running on Some or Many Servers for all the 3 environments.

Need some input Around above requirements mapping. I have few Ideas but am looking for some best practices.

Carey Walker your Inputs allso.

Regards

RP

• 1. Re: Maaping SAP Systems in Atrium CMDB
          Carey Walker

Hi Rahul

Happy New Year!

There's probably two main questions here. Firstly, modelling the SAP application infrastructure, and secondly how to handle the various environments.

So for the SAP part, I would suggest creating an instance of a BMC_ApplicationInfrastructure CI for the SAP 'ecosystem' itself, then BMC_Application CIs for each of the SAP modules. You would also have other classes like software servers and databases sitting under the SAP CI for its web servers, application servers, DBS etc. You generally don't know which servers are running which modules (to the best of my limited SAP knowledge), so you can relate the servers to software servers CIs instead to more correctly represent the server/app server world. There's a bit of a debate as to whether the relationships from the ApplicationInfrastructure to the Applications should be a Component or Dependency relationship. I tend to think of it more like a Component relationship at that point, with Dependency relationships then from say Applications to Software Servers (app servers) and again to the servers.

For the environments, there was a good discussion on this a few days back, I'll find it and post a link here for you to take a look at.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Maaping SAP Systems in Atrium CMDB
            Carey Walker

Here's the link to the environments discussion.

BMC Application CI Naming And Mapping Doc

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Maaping SAP Systems in Atrium CMDB
              Rahul Priyadarshy

Happy New Year to you also--Carey Walker and Thanks for the response.

Regards

RP

• 4. Re: Maaping SAP Systems in Atrium CMDB
                Motheeshwaran Durairaj

Hi Rahul,

Did you get answer for this ?

We are looking for Integration between SAP FI and ITSM 9.x, it is a bi-directional integration.

Want to know understand more on this also the functional areas (new to SAP).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mothi