7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2017 12:43 PM by Raghavendra Mudagallu

Remedy 9.5

Srinivas Madhurakavi
      Share This:

Hi,

I understand that the beta period for Remedy 9.5 is now closed.

I was wondering if there is a tentative GA date for Remedy 9.5

Also, the innovation suite is promising from a developer standpoint but will there be a corresponding ITSM 9.5 as well?

regards,

Srini

• 1. Re: Remedy 9.5
          LJ LongWing

Srini,

During Engage last year (Sept 2016) the dates I heard for Innovation Studio were Dec for Cloud release, and Q1 2017 for 9.5 GA....that of course was one of those 'future statements' which come with all of the standard caveats regarding not being written in stone, etc...I haven't heard any updates since then regarding those dates....Hosted Innovation Studio sandboxes were released in Dec of 2016 though.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Remedy 9.5
            Srinivas Madhurakavi

Thank you LJ for your response.

Follow-up question:

Since ARS 9.5 itself is tentatively planned for 1Q17, is there anyway to know if it would be just ARS 9.5 or ARS 9.5 as well as ITSM 9.5 ?

regards,
            Srini

• 3. Re: Remedy 9.5
              LJ LongWing

I have no information about any of that unfortunately

• 4. Re: Remedy 9.5

are there some news about GA date for Remedy 9.5?

• 5. Re: Remedy 9.5
                  Raghavendra Mudagallu

Is Remedy 9.5 version will have Remedy as a platform on which ITSM suite built on and Innovation studio platform as a additional feature? Or will have only innovation studio as a platform on which all the ITSM modules will be built?

• 6. Re: Remedy 9.5
                    LJ LongWing

Raghavendra,

So....those 'future' statements turned out to not come to fruition.  So....this is just my understanding, and you should consult with your sales rep for official statements, but my understanding is this:

9.5 was designed to introduce the Innovation Suite of capabilities as part of Remedy....at some point after the Beta closed, it was decided to branch Innovation Suite into it's own product, which is currently available as a SAAS offering.  Due to the fact that Innovation Suite was the main 'purpose' of 9.5...it doesn't seem like that version will make it to GA, but just last week the latest open beta for Remedy was opened up for 9.1 SP4....

So, as I understand it....Remedy as it is continues as it is with new features/functionality, with ITSM remaining on it, available as both an On-Prem and SAAS (ROD) offering.....Innovation Suite is a standalone product available only via SAAS.....I don't know what applications/functions will be built by BMC or third party partners/companies for Innovation Suite at any point in the future.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Remedy 9.5
                      Raghavendra Mudagallu

Thanks LJ LongWing for sharing valuable information.

I was expecting that 9.5 will have ITSM Suite on Innovation Studio platform and Remedy as a platform will be no longer a supported version for 9.5 or later versions.

Thanks for clarifying this.