Thanks Santosh for your information
I have one concern on this. We are planning to create a clone of existing BSA environment for testing purpose. Once it is taken from backup team, we will test on new data center with clone VM (different hostname,IP and FQDN)
I just want to confirm, will it work??
Before I suggest you anything on this, we should have a clear idea about the setup (No of AppServers, DB Configuration, File system and any special configuration, etc.) at your organization.
So, as suggested on the other thread:
- Do you have AppServer, DB and File Server configured on a single machine?
- How is blasadmin configured for Database and File Server - using IP, Host name and alias like blfs, bldb, etc?
- Moreover, what version of BSA?
PFB my comments :-
Do you have AppServer, DB and File Server configured on a single machine?
---------> We have app server and file server on a single machine and database on another. We have configured one appserver into single configuration server and two job server.
How is blasadmin configured for Database and File Server - using IP, Host name and alias like blfs, bldb, etc?
---------> blasadmin configured for file server and database server using hostname.
Note :- We have checked advanced option for database configuration in post install configuration wizard).
for e.g jdbc:sqlserver://DatabaseHostname:1433;DatabaseName=;SelectMethod=cursor
Moreover, what version of BSA
---------> Customer using BSA 8.8 Version
As you are using the clone VM, please just update the blasadmin settings according to new DB/Server name and File Server. That's why it may be good idea to use alias for File Server names, etc.
"We are migrating BSA environment from one data center to another"
-> so what is changing ? ips, hostnames, ? what is being moved? appserver, database, file server, etc ?
IPAddress, Hostname and domain will be changed. We are moving all BSA components App server, file server, database serber, pxe server and all patch repo server.
what OS - windows ? when you say the 'domain' is changing do you mean the 'fqdn' of the server is going to change ?
what version of bsa ?
Yes, FQDN of server is going to change. PFB bsa details:-
1. BSA version - 8.8
2. BSA Application Server OS - Windows 2k8
3. Database Server - MSSQL 2k8
4. Database Server OS - Windows 2k8
So you will need to do something like:
- if you have an exports file on your target servers that only allows connections from the appserver names/ips you need to push a new file w/ both the new and old appserver info before you move the appservers
- stop all the services, set them to not autostart
- make all your changes to the servers
- in the database you will need to update entries in a couple tables w/ the new hostnames
- in blasadmin you’ll need to update the connection info for everything
- delete directories in NSH/br/deployments except for _template and _launcher
- start the appserver services
- push an exports file that allows connections from only the new IPs/hostnames now.
I would suggest opening a support ticket so we can provide the sql queries and if there’s anything else.