7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2019 5:43 AM by CHANDRAMANI SHAKYA

emdef Failed to load user authorizations

Share This:

I'm trying to export some jobs through the emdef utility. I'm using this command line:

emdef.exe exportdefjob -pf password.prop -s servername -arg args.txt -out out.txt

And I'm getting the error

Failed to load user authorizations

This error may be caused by any of the following

-Server servername is not running

- the server listening port is blocked by the firewall

- the outgoing ports are blocked in this computer

However, I am able to use that servername and credentials to log into the Control-M client. Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: emdef Failed to load user authorizations

I have similar error. We haven't found fix yet. And not in a hurry too as its in test region. But the assumption is that this is something to do with user permission/rights.

• 2. Re: emdef Failed to load user authorizations

So you're thinking that running emdef requires elevated permissions over what one would use for simply using the client?

Is there any other way to export job definitions from Control-M?

• 3. Re: emdef Failed to load user authorizations

Yes, I strongly believe that emdef needs some elevated permission.

My jobs were running fine in Machine_A (CTM v8), then we moved this to Machine_B(CTM v9), and none of these type jobs run now.

To get the job definitions, just open those tables , or the complete data set and use 'export' option on the top ribbon. This will create an XML file.

• 4. Re: emdef Failed to load user authorizations

I have a thought, and maybe this applies for you as well. Is your server running on the default port? The default is 13075, however we are running ours on 13076. I don't see in the examples though any switch for changing the port. Do you know if there is one?

• 5. Re: emdef Failed to load user authorizations
                  Louis Vincent

Bit late to answer this question but I encountered this tonight and I solved it for myself so I thought I'd share my solution.

I'm running Control-M 9.0.18 on a Windows 2008 R2

I tried to run this command locally on the server (with and without admin command prompt, no difference)

emdef exportdefjob -u emuser -p <password> -s controlmwin1 -arg arg.txt -out out.xml

but got the same error as you:

Failed to load user authorizations

Then I checked my hostname with the hostname command:

ControlMWin1

I reran the command with the hostname with the same capitalization

emdef exportdefjob -u emuser -p <password> -s ControlMWin1 -arg arg.txt -out out.xml

and voila!

Info: Query results contains 3 folders

Info: Export completed successfully with 10 Jobs exported to out.xml

So the moral of my answer is: The emdef command is VERY VERY case-sensitive!

4 of 4 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: emdef Failed to load user authorizations
                    Mark Francome

Thanks for the heads up. Case-sensitivity often strikes when you least expect it.

I spent 30 minutes wondering why my SSL-based Agents were not coming online, then I realised that SSL needs the naming to be 100% exact ... including case-sensitive.

• 7. Re: emdef Failed to load user authorizations
                      CHANDRAMANI SHAKYA

I encounter same issue and deployment pip-line stuck due to this , there was no solution i could find ,

same deployment is working from another machine but it stuck on main server windows 2016R2

finally i ran the command with GUI host name in capital and it worked , after this i ran the command with  GUI server name in small and it is working fine .

seems to be issue with LDAP ( my user was authenticating through LDAP)

Thanks for quick fix

1 of 1 people found this helpful