2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2016 4:00 PM by Don Savant

Question: how to build an incident interface between (2) Remedy on Demand(ROD) customers?

Don Savant

We may soon be asked to build an incident interface between our Remedy on Demand instance and that of another sister agency.  Given that Web Services is the preferred integration method for ROD customers, how does one 'push' from one ROD instance to another?  When ARS is configured to consume a foreign Web Service, it can retrieve data but can it also push?  Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

• 1. Re: Question: how to build an incident interface between (2) Remedy on Demand(ROD) customers?
          Benoit McNicoll

Hello,

I will have to do the same thing and I'm thinking of two options:

1- Purchase BMC Atrium Orchestrator.  The product can do this almost OOB.

2- Create a new table and, using a filter, add an event with a status of "New" in it every time a new incident is created. Then, if the other system is capable, ping the table every 5-10 minutes through web services to see if there is a new incident I need to create. if so, then I create the incident in the other system and change the event status to "Processed".  If the other system can't do this, I am thinking of having an application written in your prefer language to do this.

I would appreciate if anyone could comment on those two options and provide other options if any.

Thanks

Benoit

• 2. Re: Question: how to build an incident interface between (2) Remedy on Demand(ROD) customers?
            Don Savant

Thanks very much for the feedback Benoit, I had not considered Orchestrator for this application.

As for the table approach, the question is whether the other ROD system can ‘push’ the Status update after it grabs the record contents.  Under the limitations of ROD, we can’t install foreign code on the ARS server so if Remedy can’t ‘push’, the proposed solution won’t work.