0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 10:10 AM by Jean-Marc Emond

Use Powershell for SOAP calls to BSA

Jean-Marc Emond

Hi,

Has anyone used powershell to make SOAP calls to BSA 8.7?

I've written some code for the authentication piece that works but when I try to load the RestRequestService WSDL powershell is producing the following error:

*** START of ERROR *****

New-WebServiceProxy : Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

At line:1 char:10

+ $proxy = New-WebServiceProxy -Uri C:\wsdl\RESTRequestService_1.wsdl - ...

+          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [New-WebServiceProxy], TargetInvocationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.NewWebServiceP

roxy

**** End of ERROR *****

*** Powershell Code ****

#/// Start of Code….

[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::ServerCertificateValidationCallback = {$true}

$UserName ="ENTER_USERNAME@domain.local"

$Password="ENTER_PASSWORD"

$BSARole = "BLAdmins"

$AuthType = "ADK_PASSWORD"

[string]$sessionID = ""

#*****  Working Login Service******

$url = "https://APPSERVER.LOCAL:9843/services/LoginService?wsdl"

$Proxy = New-WebServiceProxy -Uri $url -Namespace WebServiceProxy -Class Authentication

$LoginResponse = $Proxy.loginUsingUserCredential($username, $password, $AuthType,[ref]$sessionID)

### I now have a sessionID and can pass this to the getXML header as part of the REST Request Service.

#*****  End of Login Service ****

#///  Code to access SOAP Rest services

$url = "https://APPSERVER.LOCAL/services/RESTRequestService?wsdl"

$Proxy = New-WebServiceProxy -Uri $url

#/// End of code that doesn’t work….

I would or rather used RESTful webservices and not used WSDL files at all but I couldn't find a way to not include the username and password as part of the URL.  I realize that the parameters as part of the URL would be encrypted but it's not good security practice to do that. 

If I use SOAP UI, it works fine.

Thanks