1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2016 12:55 AM by Jim Wilson

License usage report for BMC Server Automation 8.8

Vivekanand Rapaka

Hi Team,

We are using Blade Logic Automation server 8.8 on windows 2008 R2. There was a request to run the license usage information report and extract it.

I've downloaded license usage reporting utility tool for BMC Products and installed it on our application server and tried to run it.

However it terminates with below message.

"The operation failed. Verify that you have specified all the required parameters correctly."

I've ensured that I've configured the deployment information in mange deployment tab as required. please help.

Also attached the screenshots for settings and output of the console.

##START##Gathering license information for HOSTNAME(modified to remove actual server name).
      ##PROGRESS##Attempting to connect to server.
      ##PROGRESS##Successfully connected to server.
      ##PROGRESS##Copying BSA v8.7 batch/script files for gathering license information on HOSTNAME machine.
      ##PROGRESS##Successfully launched the process. 5404
      ##PROGRESS##Waiting for process to complete. 5404
      ##PROGRESS##Waiting for process to complete. 5404
      ##PROGRESS##Copying file "C:\Program Files (x86)\BMC Software\LicenseUsageCollector\licenseusagecollector\controller\LicenseScriptRepository\BSAv8.7\get_license_usage_bsa.bat" to "\\HOSTNAME\C$\Tmp_Tue_161115_165155_LUCU\get_license_usage_bsa.bat"

##PROGRESS##Successfully copied license execution script file to destination server.
      ##PROGRESS##Started gathering license usage.
      ##PROGRESS##Successfully launched the process. 10456
      ##PROGRESS##Waiting for process to complete. 10456
      ##PROGRESS##Waiting for process to complete. 10456
      ##ERROR##The operation failed. Verify that you have specified all the required parameters correctly.
      ##ERROR##The operation failed. Verify that you have specified all the required parameters correctly.
      ##ERROR##The operation failed..
      ##FINISH##Finished Gathering license information for HOSTNAME.