4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2019 11:36 AM by Jon Trotter

Baseline information is not available

A B
      Share This:

Hello,

I have uploaded TKU as belows and started facing issue for appliance baseline which is showing message "Baseline information is not avaiable".

I have referred this thread and ran "tw_baseline --rebaseline" it works fine with me but still baseline info is unavailable in UI.

Appliance Baseline Information Not Available after Applying October TKU and Extended Data Updates.

Is there anyone who is facing the same issue ? Please suggest what more actions i should take ?

Also have checked the status of tideway services and all services are running ok.

• 1. Re: Baseline information is not available
          A B

It works after running "tw_baseline --rebaseline", but it is taking some time, in my case it took more than one hour to reflect in UI.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Baseline information is not available
            Jon Trotter

We have seen these errors on a couple of the nodes in a couple clusters in our organization. What I have noticed is the baseline.csv file gets corrupted with either a duplicate set of baseline stats or in one instance, the baseline entries were duplicated for two lines. In both cases, I was able to manually modify the lines where the issue was and ran the command tw_baseline --rebaseline after and the problem was resolved.

One other thing to note, the baseline.status also had a duplicate status, i.e., OKOK or MAJORMAJOR. In these instances, I removed one of the duplicate values. For any issue where this was the case, the baseline.csv file also had an issue. We are currently on 11.3.0.4.

• 3. Re: Baseline information is not available
              Andrew Waters

While the complete line should not be duplicated you can end up  with most of the line being "duplicated" with an entry for each member in a cluster.

• 4. Re: Baseline information is not available
                Jon Trotter

Great point! Yes, we saw that the entire baseline had been duplicated with a second column heading. Basically, a header, ~150 lines of baseline information and then another header duplicate from row 1 with the baseline information again. The second file that had the issue had a partial value for the one row, effectively a duplicate of the row above, just not complete. It must have just appended to file instead of writing a new one, not sure why though.

And as you stated Andrew, that is how I knew the duplicate existed, because there were 5 entries for the baseline monitor when there should have been 4 with the 4-node cluster.