3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2016 11:25 AM by Bill Robinson

Onboard new linux helper server

Jinpal Gudale

we need to add a new Linux helper server after detaching the old one.

Kindly advice us the process to proceed further.

We are trying to decommission and attaching a new Linux server one but it is showing the old linux helper server.

• 1. Re: Onboard new linux helper server
          Bill Robinson

the old server has the same name as the new one ?  or different ?

"but it is showing the old linux helper server."

-> what is "it" ?  what is "it" showing exactly ?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Onboard new linux helper server
            Jinpal Gudale

Yes Bill, the name is same as the old one. But when we onboarded new linux helper server it is taking the IP of the old server.

We have done following workaround to get name replace :

A. I have decommissioned the old one first.

B. Then I have onboarded the new one with the new name and later changed the name as old one.(New IP was visible)

C. After that I executed  the update properties job, Then I observed that the properties of the Linux helper server where the IP was changed to Old        One. Hence now it is showing as the old one.

Now issue is -I want to add it under the BladeLogic infrastructure tree but it is not showing, also after running update properties job.

Please suggest what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Jinpal

• 3. Re: Onboard new linux helper server
              Bill Robinson
              C. After that I executed  the update properties job, Then I observed that the properties of the Linux helper server where the IP was changed to Old    One. Hence now it is showing as the old one.

the appserver will cache the IP of any host it resolves forever by default.  so if the server that you added the new helper from didn't have the ip cached, it would get the new one.  when you ran the usp, maybe a different appserver that had the old ip cached ran the usp and updated w/ the old ip.  you can adjust the java dns caching settings in the jre the appserver uses in the java.security file.  restarting the appserver is required to pickup the changes.