3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2016 11:32 AM by Brian Engel

WinPE Image Creation Problem

Brian Engel

So I am working on building a new provisioning environment. Our existing one was built by my predecessor in 8.3. This environment is 8.7. I've fumbled my way through it thus far and am now trying to make my WinPE image. When I do I get the following issues and errors that I am trying to figure out. Any help on this error would be appreciated.

Copying VB Script file from //oirblgc9992/E/BladeLogic_Provisioning/87-P2-provision-files/provisioning/winpe/CreateWinPE5_1.vbs to //oirblgc9992/C/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/10/Assessment and Deployment Kit/CreateWinPE5_1.vbs...

Generating Driver.txt file...

Copying Driver.txt file to //oirblgc9992/E/BladeLogic_Provisioning/87-P2-provision-files/provisioning/winpe/Driver.txt...

Creating ImageCreation Input file...Copying ImageCreation Input file to //oirblgc9992/C/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/10/Assessment and Deployment Kit/imageInput.ini...

Copying Unmount Image bat file to //oirblgc9992/C/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/10/Assessment and Deployment Kit/unmountImage.bat...

Starting script execution...

Initialize

Starting Image Creation...

- Copying amd64 specific WinPE Image to Destination directory: "E:\BladeLogic_Provisioning\87-P2-provision-files\provisioning\winpe\tmp"

Creating Windows PE customization working directory: "E:\BladeLogic_Provisioning\87-P2-provision-files\provisioning\winpe\tmp"

Successfully created working directory.

- Mounting amd64 WinPE Image to "E:\BladeLogic_Provisioning\87-P2-provision-files\provisioning\winpe\tmp"\mount

deployment image servicing and management tool

version: 6.3.9600.17031

mounting image

the operation completed successfully.

- Copying Bladelogic Tools and BMI from "E:\BladeLogic_Provisioning\87-P2-provision-files\provisioning\winpe" to "E:\BladeLogic_Provisioning\87-P2-provision-files\provisioning\winpe\tmp"\mount\Windows\System32

- Copying RSCD installer files, OS Drivers and bmiwin.exe, if provided

- Copying Windows ADK tools from C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit to "E:\BladeLogic_Provisioning\87-P2-provision-files\provisioning\winpe\tmp"\mount\Windows\System32

- Copying imagex from C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\amd64\DISM to "E:\BladeLogic_Provisioning\87-P2-provision-files\provisioning\winpe\tmp"\mount\Windows\System32

- Modifying WinPE startup file for customizations

- Starting BCD Creation

Creating Windows PE customization working directory: "E:\BladeLogic_Provisioning\87-P2-provision-files\provisioning\winpe\tmp"

Successfully created working directory.

deployment image servicing and management tool

version: 6.3.9600.17031

error: 0xc1420127

the specified image in the specified wim is already mounted for read/write access.

the dism log file can be found at c:\windows\logs\dism\dism.log

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\CreateWinPE5_1.vbs(778, 5) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Type mismatch: 'arrGUIDParams'

BCD, boot.sdi, WinPE.wim file(s) not created.

Image creation failed.

Start another image creation process after few minutes or execute imageX unmount command manually.