1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 1:37 PM by Jim Campbell

Extra dism step in Windows WIM System Package application

Jim Campbell

I have set up a dev environment at 8.8 and am attempting to test the processes we currently have in our prod environment at 8.6.  I recreated a WIM-based Windows 2012R2 system package and am using the same base WIM file copied over to the DEV environment's provisioning server.  When I attempt to run a provision job I am getting an error.  When I compare the logs to the job run in our 8.6 environment I am seeing an additional step in the 8.8 environment to do this after the WIM image has been applied :

X:\Windows\system32>mkdir C:\BLProv\scratch

X:\Windows\system32>Dism /image:C: /apply-unattend:C:\Windows\Panther\Unattend\Unattend.xml /scratchdir:C:\BLProv\scratch

This is failing with this error:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 6.2.9200.16384

Error: 0xc0000135

An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\.

For more information, review the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at X:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Is there something I have missed in attempting to duplicate the System Package Type and System Package in the 8.8 environment or is this something that has changed since 8.6?  Our builds work fine in 8.6 without this additional step in the provisioning process so is there just a checkbox I am missing somewhere that makes the provision job do this?