2 of 2 people found this helpful
There is OTTB shared workflow to build hierarchical key structure/validate/promote records loaded into most of the forms you mentioned. However, this workflow is triggered by certain values in 'zTmp_Object_Operation' field (for example 'zTmp_Object_Operation' = "TriggerPromote") and, as far as I know, there is no console/documentation on how to use it.
So, you may want to take a look at the workflow, import the records from csv file and manually set the needed zTmp_Object_Operation value to trigger the process. I did this for the older version of Case HR (v4.5) and it was a bit buggy, but eventually I got it to do what I needed.
Thank you very much for this information. I have attempted to repeat what you did with version 4.5, however, I've had limited time and haven't yet loaded any data. I'll continue when I have time. If you have any more notes on this they could be very useful. Do you know if there are any plans to develop this into a supported and documented process?
Most of these LOAD forms were added in HRCM 4.7 to support the solution export/import. Export/Import is done using D2P console provided by AR.
When solutions are exported from the source server, some of the related data is also exported and imported. There are some exclusions, for example people related data is not exported/imported.
When you use the D2P console to import solutions, a series of triggers are sent to the data staged in the LOAD forms to validate the data and then "Promote" the data to the production forms.
If you are trying to import data directly from the spreadsheets to the production forms, you will need the keys to be regenerated.
You can try the following:
1. set the zTmp_Object_Operation field in the csv file to "Merge_Gen_Key"
2. Create a filter guide and attach it to the form into which you are importing data.
Check COL:CASE:Solution-Merge_Gen_Key, COL:CORE:Menu-Merge_Gen_Key, COL:CORE:MenuValues-Merge_Gen_Key filter guides on the server. You can create filter guides similar to these filter guides if the form you are importing data into doesn't already have this filter guide.
3. Add your form to the filter COL:GLBL:FUNC-AAA300-G-CGD-Merge_Record.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I loaded Menu Values and Categories for Case HR 4.7 using OTB workflow so far. I had to do some manual steps to make it work.
Here are the steps to load Case Categories:
- Modify OTB filter that pushes records from COL:LOAD:Categories to COL:CORE:Categories to add the following fields:
Data Group, Hierarchy_Identifier, Categories_Key, Record_ID - don't know why for Categories form these fields are not mapped OTB, keys are generated correctly on COL:LOAD:Categories form when Fix_Key command is used (see step 5), but OTB these fields are not pushed to COL:CORE:Categories and using Fix_Key command on COL:CORE:Categories did not do anything for me.
- Source: CSV file with the following fields: Company, Data Group, Categorization TIer 1, Categorization TIer 2, Categorization TIer 3
- Import .csv file to COL:LOAD:Categories form - map the fields from the source file and in addition to that, map 'Production Form Name' field to 'COL:CORE:Categories' - for some reason it is not defaulted OTB and Fix_Key command does not work correctly if this field is not set.
- Open COL:LOAD:Categories form, search all imported records, click 'Select All', 'Modify All', set zTmp_Object_Operation = Validate, click 'Save'
- Click 'Select All', 'Modify All', set zTmp_Object_Operation = Fix_Key, click 'Save' - this will setCategories_Key, Hierarchy_Identifeir, Record_ID fields
- Click 'Select All', 'Modify All', set zTmp_Object_Operation = Load, click 'Save'
- Open COL:CORE:Categories form and verify that values are imported and al needed fields are populated
Hope this helps.