0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2016 2:54 AM by Santhosh Kurimilla

SCOM Integration in error, triggers alerts

Share This:

AO Experts,

As part of AO integration with SCOM, I was configuring the SCOM Actor Adapter with all the required fields. It seems the ConsoleFile was entered incorrectly and it failed to start adapter with the below error message.

30 Aug 2016 11:46:20,946 [Thread=AMP - Grid Framework - Inbound Message Processor - 753206] ERROR AdapterManager  [PeerName=EDLAP]  [AdapterName=BSG SCOM Actor]  Configuration for adapter BSG SCOM Actor is invalid: Message[summary=Exception in adapter: BSG SCOM Actor. Error : Invalid extention for consoleFile :C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server/D:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Powershell\OperationsManager\StartUp.ps1,

But, we started receiving the below error message in the Event Viewer logs on the server which we used for Adapter configuration. We had removed the adapter and recycled services on PEER as well as SCOM server too. But, we continued receiving mails for more than 2 hours.

Alert To Email 2012 - Possible issue with Powershell script

AlertToEmail.ps1 : Could not send email. Script will exit. Error returned: Exception calling "Send" with "1" argument(s): "Transaction failed. The server response was: server.domain.com.

SCOM Team claims that these errors/alerts were due to this configuration, assuming they started exactly from the same time we tried adapter configuration. But, I don't believe if it is the same case as AO may not try to kick-off any of the scripts on the server before even adapter configuration was successful. Can you please correct me and help me in understanding it better?

Thanks,

Santhosh Kurimilla