2 of 2 people found this helpful
You have hit a small defect QM002057257 resolved in BSA 8.9
The WORKAROUND is to edit the BSA Recommended Database Cleanup Script and change:
Hallo Jim, and thank you for the answer.
Its good to know about the small defect and the workaround.
Sadly this didn't solve our problem and I also figured out that this issue occured about 4 weeks bevor we updated to 8.8 (from 8.6).
Please attach your script file and a screen shot of your job parameters
We use a Cleanup plan based on that: Example cleanup plan for large operational environments - BMC Server Automation 8.7 - BMC Documentation
I attached only one of the jobs.
I don't understand why you have a Cleanup_AuditResult.nsh - the procedure describes setting up multiple cleanup jobs, but each calls the same script - just with different parameters and schedules.
Also, the parameters in your jobparameters.jpg screen shot do not match the settings documented in the Example cleanup plan
Please go back to the page and follow the instructions as written
Having just been through this process for another customer, I know that they are accurate and that the only execution error we encountered was the defect I mentioned and the workaround was successful
ok, I will take a look.
I am just surprised because our concept works in the production like a charm.
done as sugested and created 13 jobs refering to the BSA Recommended Database Cleanup Skript and the corresponding batchjobs.
Changed Rolle='' to Rolle='null' in BSA Recommended Database Cleanup Skript, sadly the result is the same.
in 8.8 there was a change to the cleanupHistorical call and it no longer takes null. that is getting reverted in 8.9 or should be. i believe we can port it to 8.8. can you open a ticket w/ support. the defect is QM002083093.
we got an adapted jar-file from BMC support and the workaround works fine.
Thanks a lot.
I am using 8.7 SP2 and using the same reference doc (Example cleanup plan for large operational environments - BMC Server Automation 8.7 - BMC Documentation ) to build our db cleanup jobs and have some questions of my own on this.
Does using RoleName=null effectively mean cleanup the objects from all roles?
The document states to use ExecutionMode=HISTORY_ORDR and set to ignore MaxDuration and RoleName. When I do this, I receive failures until I set and use both of those parms. Should it work with them ignored? Based on what I am seeing in my testing, they are required when using this particular ExecutionMode.
Chad Wadkins wrote:
I receive failures until I set and use both of those parms. Should it work with them ignored?
What failures? Please be specific
Please open the job to identify the scrip being called, then go open that script and attach a copy of it here, along with screen shots of the Job Definition Parameters page
Let take a look and see whats happening...
Thanks for your reply and you are correct that not much help can be given if information is not supplied.
Attached are the .nsh script run, a screen shot of the parms set and the output log of an unsuccessful execution of the job.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
This script does not have the correction mentioned in this thread in reply 1
That is the correct change to make for BSA 8.7 Patch 2
OK, got it. I did not correlate that to my issue due to the variance in versions from the original poster and I see what you are saying now.
I will make the change, retry the job and let you know the result.
Thank you for your help with this,