10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2018 9:32 AM by Joseph Garito

reporting facility

Chinmay Mishra

I am looking to schedule a control-M report type job using a template from reporting facility. I am using my workstation where I have the EM Client component installed. I can see the reporting facility installed by default and it should allow me to use schedule the report in batch. Now when I schedule the job and give the emreportcli path and template path along with the host and other details, the job fails with "The system cannot find the path specified". Can someone guide me the if I have missed an prerequisite for the reporting to work in batch? My understanding is that my machine should have EM server or client installed and I should have permission to execute the job. Any help is appreciated with guidance over installation consideration.

• 1. Re: reporting facility
          Justo Nenmani

Though you have the reporting facility installed, for scheduling the report, you need to give the path of the exreportcli utility from the machine where Control M is installed.

Similarly, the template should be in the server machine and not local to your client.

• 2. Re: reporting facility
            Chinmay Mishra

Thanks for your quick response. I gave the path of the emreportcli utility where the Control-M EM server is installed. Also I am using the template which is in server machine, but still I don't know why it error out.

1. I am running from the Control-M EM server ( emreportcli is installed in the correct path which I give in the details of the job)

2. I am using the run as account which is the server admin account

3. The server host I am using is the server where the emreportcli is installed

I don't know where I am going wrong. Can you suggest if I have missed any thing. Do i need to check the cli utility in the agent system as well?

• 3. Re: reporting facility
              Chinmay Mishra

Thanks for your quick response. I gave the path of the emreportcli utility where the Control-M EM server is installed. Also I am using the template which is in server machine, but still I don't know why it error out.

1. I am running from the Control-M EM server ( emreportcli is installed in the correct path which I give in the details of the job)

2. I am using the run as account which is the server admin account

3. The server host I am using is the server where the emreportcli is installed

I don't know where I am going wrong. Can you suggest if I have missed any thing. Do i need to check the cli utility in the agent system as well?

• 4. Re: reporting facility
                Justo Nenmani

What do you mean by cli utility in agent system ?

Let me explain -

Control M is installed in a machine (let's say ) MACHINEX

Now, the clients are installed in multiple machines to access the Control-M installed in MACHINEX.

Let's say the clients are installed in MACHINEA / MACHINEB / MACHINEC

You might be using MACHINEB.

You can access the reporting facility from MACHINEB.

When you schedule a job, the path of the emreportcli utility should be of that from the MACHINEX and not your machine MACHINEB.

Similarly, the reporting utility will look for the report template in the MACHINEX , so even if you have the template in your local machine MACHINEB, it can not be scheduled. the template need to be placed in a specific folder in MACHINEX.

The sample path's are as given below -

emreportcli path (in MACHINEX):

C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Control-M EM 8.0.00\Default\bin32

template path (in MACHINEX):

C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Control-M EM 8.0.00\Default\Data\Reporting\Templates

Hope this helps.

• 5. Re: reporting facility
                  Chinmay Mishra

Thanks for the explanation. I have already done all that, but no luck. I will recheck all my entries in the job form and try it. Thanks again for your response. I will update my findings.

• 6. Re: reporting facility
                    Shawn Green

Reporting facility is an EM tool, it will not be on an agent server unless you have also have EM installed there. Is the job erring on the path of exreportcli or for saving the report?  If it's the save location, ensure that the directory exists prior to running the job.

You can also run the utility via command line to assist troubleshooting - I don't have any examples handy, but it is available in the documentation.

• 7. Re: reporting facility
                      Jorge Jimenez
                      In my case the job end Ok, but output fails with the following:

"F:\BMC Software\Control-M EM 9.0.00\Default\bin32\emreportcli" -u "controlm" -p "#1k!?U2FsdGVkX182bCoqngO/z90h4APVqdkBwD9nvaduwWY=\

" -pf ""                 -s cp8wdctrlmpre                 -template "Jobs Ejecutados.em.rpt" -template_path "F:\BMC Software\Contro\

l-M EM 9.0.00\Default\Data\Reporting\Templates"                 -output_file_type EXCEL_DO                 -output_file_path "prueb\

a"                 -param ""=""                 -param ""=""                 -param ""=""                 -param ""=""             \

-param ""="" 

Warning: Missing or invalid file extension. Adding extension "xls"...

Warning: Parameter '' not found in report.

• 8. Re: reporting facility
                        Joseph Garito

Do you get a response or resolve this? I am getting the same error. I run this report manually all the time..  My manual report, the filter page has no params set. Since I am running for all jobs for a time period.

Thanks,

"E:\Program Files\BMC Software\Control-M EM 8.0.00\Default\bin32\emreportcli" -u "batchop_dev" -p "#1k!?U2FsdGVkX1/6jMIt4cvVID2MCbA\

z/BwGs90gaObfSqQ=" -pf ""                 -s RDRE1-DCTRLM01                 -template "One Job.em.rpt" -template_path "E:\Program F\

iles\BMC Software\Control-M EM 8.0.00\Default\Data\Reporting\Templates"                 -output_file_type CSV                 -outp\

ut_file_path "T:\COMPUTER_OPS_LOGS\BMC\reporting\dev\{date}"                 -param "Job/Member Name"="*MStar*"                 -pa\

ram ""=""                 -param ""=""                 -param ""=""                 -param ""="" 

Warning: Missing or invalid file extension. Adding extension "csv"...

Error: failed to export report...

• 9. Re: reporting facility
                          Joseph Garito

i was able to get through this. Still receive the warnings, but the file did create. drive mapping and dest folder did not exist.

Thanks anyway.

I am still cleaning this up. Would prefer to be able to save as a crystal report.

• 10. Re: reporting facility
                            Joseph Garito

got past the failed to export. There must be a hidden space somewhere when addign the extension.

Is there anyway to remove the no param warning? When running for all for a time period, I dont need params. Only use the fields.

"E:\Program Files\BMC Software\Control-M EM 8.0.00\Default\bin32\emreportcli" -u "batchop_dev" -p "#1k!?U2FsdGVkX1/g9fL8Dv/vWYE+70E\

DvfnrwE+EJEPSaVc=" -pf ""                 -s RDRE1-DCTRLM01                 -template "daily report.em.rpt" -template_path "E:\Prog\

ram Files\BMC Software\Control-M EM 8.0.00\Default\Data\Reporting\Templates"                 -output_file_type HTML                \

-output_file_path "\\ntprofs\bisys\COMPUTER_OPS_LOGS\BMC\reporting\dev\dailystatistics_{date}.html"                 -param ""=""  \

-param ""=""                 -param ""=""                 -param ""=""                 -param ""="" 

Job Object statistics

====================

Total User CPU Time: 0.500 second 

Total Kernel CPU Time: 0.719 second 

This Period Total User CPU Time: 0.500 second 

This Period Total Kernel CPU Time: 0.719 second 

Total Page Fault Count: 60190

Total Processes: 4

Active Processes: 0

Total Terminated Processes: 0

Total peak job memory used: 34.615 mega bytes