2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2016 12:14 PM by Yanick Girouard

Want to install only few RPM on linux server

Jayesh J

Hello All,

I want to install only few RPM's on particular servers. I do not want to update all RPM that is available in the Repository.

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance,

• 1. Re: Want to install only few RPM on linux server
          Bill Robinson

use an include list in the patching job.

• 2. Re: Want to install only few RPM on linux server
            Yanick Girouard

1. Create a catalog smartgroup using the package name property of the rpm class and a condition like "is one of", and list the packages you want to install.

2. Create a PAJ job and set it to Install Mode (on the top portion of the Analysis section).

3. Add the smartgroup created in step 1 as an include list.

4. Scan your server, it will find any missing dependency that goes with the packages you want to install (basically does a yum install without committing and returns the list to BSA)

5. Right-click and remediate to create the deploy job and install the packages.

Note that the patch catalog will need to have the appropriate packages or it will fail dependency resolution. If this happens, it means you probably need to use the offline downloader method to add specific child channels to your catalog (i.e. optional-server). This is no longer required with 8.8 however, but I doubt you're at that release now.