use an include list in the patching job.
1. Create a catalog smartgroup using the package name property of the rpm class and a condition like "is one of", and list the packages you want to install.
2. Create a PAJ job and set it to Install Mode (on the top portion of the Analysis section).
3. Add the smartgroup created in step 1 as an include list.
4. Scan your server, it will find any missing dependency that goes with the packages you want to install (basically does a yum install without committing and returns the list to BSA)
5. Right-click and remediate to create the deploy job and install the packages.
Note that the patch catalog will need to have the appropriate packages or it will fail dependency resolution. If this happens, it means you probably need to use the offline downloader method to add specific child channels to your catalog (i.e. optional-server). This is no longer required with 8.8 however, but I doubt you're at that release now.