7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 8:20 AM by Bill Robinson

script nsh type pb find appserver

Denis BACLE

hello,

i have a scrpit nsh and in my script i have need to know the name of appserver:

APPSERVER=`cd;hostname`

For certain target I have an error message:

reUP_S1F1.nsh:cd:1: no such file or directory: /home/dev/application/sgaapp/G05R00C00/NSH/br --> this directory does not exist i my appserver, Why he(it) tries to look for this directory?

i have not this directory?

can you help me

• 1. Re: script nsh type pb find appserver
          Bill Robinson

what type of script is this ?  type 1 (runscript), type 2 (run once) ?

where exactly do you get this error?

can you attach the entire script and run log ?

• 2. Re: script nsh type pb find appserver
            Denis BACLE

it's a type 1

the script is small:

#!/bin/nsh
            # Recuperation des parametres du job, ie proprietes de la cible
            NAME=$1
            IP=$2
            OS=$3
            HOSTNAME=$4
            ENVIRONMENT=$5
            APPLICATION=$6

# Serveurs, repertoires et fichiers
            APPSERVER=`cd;hostname`

PASTEL_PATH="//${APPSERVER}/data/flf/sgaapp/InterfacePastel/Pastel_MakeList"
            PASTEL_SUP_DIR="/data/flf/sgaapp/supervision/JOBS/PASTEL"

# Traitement avec les valeurs de proprietes recuperees par le job
            echo "${NAME},${IP},${OS},${HOSTNAME},${ENVIRONMENT},${APPLICATION}" >> ${PASTEL_PATH}/unitaire_${NAME}.csv

• 3. Re: script nsh type pb find appserver
              Denis BACLE

for example, i have the problem with the server dvdev181

• 4. Re: script nsh type pb find appserver
                Bill Robinson

the run log shows:

dvedvk40,Erreur,5 juil. 2016 04:08:26,touch: /data/flf/sgaapp/supervision/JOBS/PASTEL/SUP_PASTEL_UNITAIRE_UP_2: No such file or directory

yet i do not see the touch command called in the script you attached.  are you sure you attached the correct script ?

• 5. Re: script nsh type pb find appserver
                  Denis BACLE

yes i have attached the good script

• 6. Re: script nsh type pb find appserver
                    Denis BACLE

the problem is with the command:

APPSERVER=`cd;hostname`

with the server dvdev181, this script is exected on 25000 servers but i have this problem with 10 servers.

i have deleted the server in bladelogic, and added, the problem is the same.

i have réinstalled  the agent bladelogic on the server dvdev181, but the pb is the same

• 7. Re: script nsh type pb find appserver
                      Bill Robinson

i'm not sure why you think decomissioning and re-adding the server or re-installing the agent would help here, especially if the problem is related to cd'ing back to the appserver running the job...

so look at your job run log.  i see this error:

dvedvk40,Erreur,5 juil. 2016 04:08:26,touch: /data/flf/sgaapp/supervision/JOBS/PASTEL/SUP_PASTEL_UNITAIRE_UP_2: No such file or directory

something is clearly running a touch command and failing.  maybe it has the wrong path - whatever.  but the script you attached does not have a 'touch' command in it.  so please explain why you think you've attached the correct script and log ?

this error shows that it's trying to touch a file on the target server (devedvk40) that does not exist. the particular file is declared here in the script you attached:

PASTEL_SUP_DIR="/data/flf/sgaapp/supervision/JOBS/PASTEL"

except in the job run output it's actually got a SUP_PASTEL_UNITAIRE_UP_2 appended to it, which doesn't seem to be in your script.

now, if you have similar script that is maybe using the same APPSERVER=`cd;hostname` that actually generated the log you attached - if you want to reference the appserver running the job you can use @ - eg //@/path/on/appserver.

if you want to troubleshoot more you could add a 'set -x' to your actual script and see what happens w/ the cd and 'hostname' call.