can you clarify:
what does "Creation of a BLPackage with installed patches from ServerA" mean ? you used the analysis results from server A to generate a blpackage based on the patches analysis found missing from serverA ?
- you run the patch analysis job against servers A and B?
- both servers show the identical patches missing or you just assume they are the same ?
- you generate the remediation artifacts (blpackage, deploy job) for which server - just A or A and B ?
- the generated remediation artifacts have all of the correct patches and correctly deploy to server A ?
why don't you run analysis against both servers, generate the remediation artifacts for both from the analysis results and deploy that ?
We want all patches that have been installed on ServerA to be installed in ServerB.
- We run Patch analysis job against Server A and ServerB.
- On ServerA 92 patches were missing and 296 were already installed
- On ServerB 237 patches were missing and 15 were already installed (this is as fresh installation)
- Remediation artifacts (blpackage, deploy job) created only for ServerB. BLPackage contains 296 missing patches.
We don't want to update both servers with the latest patches. We want both servers to be identical in terms of installed patches
analyze server A
analyze server B
create an exclude list – either on server B or in the job for patches that shouldn’t be pushed to server B based on whatever came out of server A
analyze server B again and push the patches that are missing.