4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 11:45 AM by Matthias Hoffmann

RBE:Concole, no outgoing emails for incidents showing

Share This:

Hi,

the RBE:Console shows no outgoing emails for incidents anymore.

We receive mails from Remedy and everything seems fine, but if I am searching for some outgoing incident mails, the last mail shown is from april...

Today I received a lot of incident mails from Remedy, but the RBE.Console shows everything but no OUTGOING emails for incidents.

What is going on...?

Thanks for some help!

Regards,

Matthias

• 1. Re: RBE:Concole, no outgoing emails for incidents showing
          Evan Ruble

A couple thoughts:

• Do you see them in AR System Email Messages?
          • Are users receiving the emails?
          • Are the emails being generated by notification events (e.g. Incident Assignment), are they ones created using the Email System link on an Incident, or both?
          • Is your default outgoing mailbox enabled?
          • See anything in the email engine logs on the AR Server?
          • Have you captured a server-side api/filter/sql log while trying to send an email? That would tell us what happened.

The only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is if the default outgoing mailbox got removed, it could cause this issue - though it wouldn't be limited to Incidents.

-ER

• 2. Re: RBE:Concole, no outgoing emails for incidents showing
            Mohammad Rehman

Addition to Evan Ruble thoughts, would you please check Mailbox Configuration form for specific outgoing mailbox advanced configuration tab, Delete Outgoing Notification Message value "Yes"? If its selected "Yes" then you won't see them because all email notification will be deleted from Email Message form after sending the notification out.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: RBE:Concole, no outgoing emails for incidents showing

Ok, I try to answer your questions.

• Do you see them in AR System Email Messages?

No, not anymore. I can see there a lot of emails, Incoming and outgoing- but no outgoing incident-mails.

There are a few outgoing emails for ChangeManagement or WorkOrders, but no for Incident....

• Are users receiving the emails?

Yes!

• Are the emails being generated by notification events (e.g. Incident Assignment), are they ones created using the Email System link on an Incident, or both?

Yes, we are out of the box...

• Is your default outgoing mailbox enabled?

Yes!

• See anything in the email engine logs on the AR Server?

No, but there is no extra logging activated...

• Have you captured a server-side api/filter/sql log while trying to send an email? That would tell us what happened.

No, I will do that. We have a server group and this is not just a click for me as a remedy-admin-noob...

But I am talking about the "out-of-the-box-mailing" what worked perfectly- except the logging for outgoing incident emails in the RBE.Console.

It has not yet noticed me, because everything works fine. Suddenly from one day to another, only these emails were suddenly no longer displayed...

Thanks for your help!

• 4. Re: RBE:Concole, no outgoing emails for incidents showing

Yes, Mohammad! I think you are right.

Switched the value from yes to no, restarted the email-service on all servers, assigned an incident, getting the email AND the outgoing emails in the RBE:Console are displayed.

I think thats it!

Thank you all for your help!

Regards,

Matthias